🤢Huh? Show How Mean Green You Are in the 7,000,000 Populated DFW Metroplex On All Its Toll Roads🚛

🤠FACT••• The approx. 7 million citizens in the DFW/North Texas Metroplex is larger than the population of “34” states in the USA.  _________________________________________

While watching the 1963 season documentary of DKR’s UT National Championship team on the LHN a commercial popped up. The photo still from that commercial is below.

••• Now if we can just get ❤️Loves to carry Mean Green baseball cap at all their interstate truck stops.

DEB9D364-FE17-4519-BFB8-4ED4DCAF07DD.thumb.jpeg.feb660a0b78a69bbe52437fe22d8bb23.jpeg

❇️🦅❇️ GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to 🦅❇️ Show Just How Mean Green You Are in the 7 Million Populated DFW Metroplex On All Its Toll Roads
  • PlummMeanGreen changed the title to 🤢Huh? Show How Mean Green You Are in the 7 Million Populated DFW Metroplex On All Its Toll Roads🚛

Here’s some fun.

Go to Buccee’s and ask the clerk where the North Texas caps are.  “I see the UT and A$M caps, but where are the Mean Green caps ? “

Alliw some time.  If you get the right clerk they may look all over the store. 

Good times.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

Here’s some fun.

Go to Buccee’s and ask the clerk where the North Texas caps are.  “I see the UT and A$M caps, but where are the Mean Green caps ? “

Alliw some time.  If you get the right clerk they may look all over the store. 

Good times.

Next time I’m there, greenjoe, I will do just that!😆 I may also ask about Slippery Rock, too.

Yall remember when UT stadium announcer  (Cactus Pryor?) used to announce Slippery Rock’s scores at all Horn’s home games?   He did that at UNT’s first 2 games at DKR Memorial, too, as I recall.  Crowd got a kick out of that.  

• Upvote 2

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to 🤢Huh? Show How Mean Green You Are in the 7,000,000 Populated DFW Metroplex On All Its Toll Roads🚛
On 5/21/2021 at 10:04 PM, Marty said:

What would it take to get a NT Hooey hat? Buccees in Denton has  UT and A&M Hooeys. I'm not a big fan of them but they seem to be pretty popular with the younger crowd.

https://getyourhooey.com/collections/university-of-texas-hats

I concur, Marty, I, too, am not a fan of the Hooey.😊

I do think I’m going to call the number on the photo & get the skinny (& pricing) on that toll way sticker. Never knew it was available.  

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Marty said:

“P-E-R-C-E-P-T-I-O-N—is—everything.” (Joseph P. Kennedy)

••• Just an opinion, but seems to me Texas-State (San Marcos) hasbeen working hard to build their perception as the new Texas intercollegiate music giant for over a couple of decades.  They’ve quietly been trying to “out North Texas” UNT with their proactiveness in music.  (see link below) 

🟩️ NORTH TEXAS vs TSU (SM) 🟥🟨

🤔Well, TSU-SM had Ralph the Swimming Pig as a tourist attraction back in the day so chock one up for LBJ’s alma mater.

•••Seriously, though, not sure how our Endowment coffers compare to TSU-SM now, but about 15 or so years ago they had passed us in total research donations. They also edged us in total enrollment about that same time, but I think we may be ahead again (as we should be vs the San Marcos school in both enrollment & endowment coffers).  

Yet seems to me TxSt-SM see themselves now as the rising Texas intercollegiate music school in these parts.  Since SMU is the quasi-gold standard in these parts for college football, I think many in Texas were impressed with the close game the Bobcats gave the Stangs last September. (In fact, SMU almost had to take a long bus ride back to University Park after that game).  

https://www.txstate.edu/ctmh/

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

C'mon J G you can afford a few extra bucks for UNT tolltag.  I've had one for the last two or three years and I'm dirt poor.  If I remember correctly, all of the excess goes to the university.

Jack, you talked me into it.

I understand those toll tags do save one some bucks. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2021 at 8:24 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

Yall remember when UT stadium announcer  (Cactus Pryor?) used to announce Slippery Rock’s scores at all Horn’s home games?   

It was actually Wally Pryor, Jim.  "Cactus" was his brother. 

• Upvote 1