What does veteran QB transfer Jason Bean bring to the table?

During his previous season at North Texas, Bean started in 7 of the Mean Green’s 10 matchups, and for good reason: he’s quick.

Bean has a knack for speed, however, his ability to quickly get the ball into receivers’ hands could grab head coach Lance Leipold’s attention.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for facilitating young potential in the quarterback seat. However, in Kansas’ case, going with an experienced, reliable quarterback may be the right move here.

If Bean can “wow” this coaching staff, there could be a new look to the Jayhawks’ offense.

Read more:  https://throughthephog.com/2021/05/17/kansas-football-veteran-transfer-jason-bean-bring-table/

Edited by Tom McKrackin
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

Kansas is terrible. 

I went to a game In Lawrence a couple of years ago, and the difference between the atmosphere at a UNT game and a KU game is night and day.  Not much fan support, and very blah atmosphere on a pretty campus.

Basketball school.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Bean has a knack for speed, however, his ability to quickly get the ball into Jaelon Darden and only Jaelon Darden's hands because he's staring down his first read and forcing the throw could grab head coach Lance Leipold’s attention.

FTFY

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I would be overjoyed to see Bean succeed and blow things up for Kansas. He didn't work here, and obvious maturity issues were there. But I would never wish ill upon a young man doing better for himself. I'll be cheering him on as long as we aren't playing them.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, Big Z said:

Better off going to a FCS school than Kansas ugh

I agree.   He would probably have better fan support and won't have to line up against P5 defenses nearly every week (not that defense is a big factor in the Big 12). 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, akriesman said:

I agree.   He would probably have better fan support and won't have to line up against P5 defenses nearly every week (not that defense is a big factor in the Big 12). 

Ya he is in for a rude awakening 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Devil's advocate here: I am skeptical of the "he doesn't know what he's getting into" camp.

KU has been this way for years.  Everyone knows they don't compete for even middle-of-the-pack in B12.  Everyone knows their attendance is horrible.

If Bean doesn't know what he's getting into, if he thinks he's gonna be taking over the B12 and will be lighting the CFB world on fire from Lawrence Kansas - in front of sold out crowds - I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I can sell him.

I suspect he needed a change and wanted to continue his chances at QB, and was delighted that it was a B12 school at all.  He wants to play QB that badly.

• Upvote 2

On 5/18/2021 at 9:49 AM, UNTLifer said:

Bean is gone and I wish him well, but he is no longer part of our team or program.  

14 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Why is this on the UNT Football forum - He is gone

You all are certainly welcome to your point of view; but I don't mind hearing about how past Mean Green are doing.

Jason Bean . . .

tumblr_inline_o0c9zpODmc1rhkl0p_500.gifv

• Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

You all are certainly welcome to your point of view; but I don't mind hearing about how past Mean Green are doing.

Jason Bean . . .

tumblr_inline_o0c9zpODmc1rhkl0p_500.gifv

No problem discussing, but this is no longer North Texas football. Maybe they can start a "What Ever Happened To" forum 🙂 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2