New commit: Sean Thomas Faulkner LB transfer from The Citadel

Marty

He has played against big ACC schools being on the East Coast. I imagine Phil will use him to rush the QB and cover intermediate routes. He seemed to play in the box a lot. Our defense was atrocious last year, so I am all for kids that have played on the FCS level. 

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, ADLER said:

He's listed as a strong safety, graduated, and he has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Sean-Thomas is second from right.

I have a question. If he graduated, did he go into the reserves? Almost 100% of Citadel graduates go active duty. Did he get an exception?

• Upvote 2

On 5/14/2021 at 8:41 PM, Marty said:

Listed as a LB but appears he played safety at The Citadel:

Watching his form, he hits like a linebacker. Eye test tells me he has the mobility to play deep coverage well and goes right at guys. Might be really valuable at a nickel spot. I'm sure his special teams play had a lot to do with getting him here as well. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Venson said:

Okay. Thank you for that. I always thought it was similar to the service academies in commissioning rate, but I guess it's more like Texas A&M.

Texas National Guard was at one point referred to as "The Aggie National Guard".

• Haha 2

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/North-Texas-Mean-Green-football-adds-transfer-linebacker-Sean-Thomas-Faulkner-165425041/

Faulkner comes to Denton as a graduate transfer with two years of eligibility remaining and is a proven playmaker on the defensive side of the ball. In four games in 2020 Faulkner had 40 tackles, four tackles for loss, and one forced fumble, but it’s the 2019 season that shows what he’s capable of. He started in 11 games, posted 70 tackles, two sacks, and four pass breakups while also making plays on the special teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1