Rank these 4 players... Darrell Dickey era

Yes NTSN he could dunk and played point guard in high school and for those talking about NFL careers if that was the case for this voting Ousuwaze(sp?) with the Cowboys ( Raiders)didn’t distinguish himself at UNT. Also Booger should’ve gone to Denver and rehabbed his knee problem instead of listening to an agent going to Raiders

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

Booger's accolades include

Conference POY 2002 and 2003
Defensive POY 2002 (NT LB Chris Hurd won it in 2003, Kassal won it in 2001)
...and the famous sack-interception in one move.

...I always thought one of the most telling statistics about Kennedy's remarkable level of play was his 60+ career TFL.  For a DT that is astronomical.  You usually just see DTs clogging up the middle and the DE/LBs are chasing people in the backfield.

No matter how many times i watch it, i still don't understand how he did this.

On 5/11/2021 at 12:58 PM, greenminer said:

Perspective:

Since 2005, only 8 players across all of CFB have accumulated 60+ TFL in their careers.  Booger's career total of 61 would put him at #9.  Despite constantly being double and triple teamed.

There are 35 players that have 51 or more TFLs.  2 of them are DTs: Ed Oliver (53) and Aaron Donald (66).

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/tackles-loss-player-career.html

One more follow-up on this:

It's really hard to find DTs that accumulated 60+ TFLs.  I've been combing lists going back to the BCS-era (starting 1998) and found 3: Booger (61), Darnell Docket (65), and Aaron Donald (66).  3 defensive tackles....since 1998.

I always liked what Bowden said about Showtime: his level of play was so unbelievably good, he could shut down an entire side of the back field.  Not just shut down one WR.  I feel that was what Booger brought to Dickey's defenses.  He was consistently destructive on the inside of the field, by himself, so it allowed us to be good everywhere else.  Imagine game-planning for 3 OL to protect your QB from Booger, and still failing.  Nothing you could do.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2