Rank these 4 players... Darrell Dickey era

I'm gonna keep doing these type of things over the offseason, so here is this graphic!

This is part 1 of probably 2 because there were so many talented players from the Dickey era.

Personally:

Kennedy, Cobbs, Spencer, Quinn..... I think last 3 are very close in my mind

DD ERA TOP PLRS P1.jpg

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Sorry... Elite college football success is spelled N F L.  Brandon Kennedy was a legend in Denton but he didn’t make it to the show.  In order of their success give me Cobbs, Spencer, Quinn, and Kennedy.  

Booger is in the top 5 college players I've ever seen, and far and away the greatest player I've seen that didn't make the NFL.  perfect example of how NFL success does not always reflect the college game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

Sorry... Elite college football success is spelled N F L.  Brandon Kennedy was a legend in Denton but he didn’t make it to the show.  In order of their success give me Cobbs, Spencer, Quinn, and Kennedy.  

Ranking college performance is not the same as NFL performance.

• Upvote 2

Tommie Frazier

Charlie Ward

Both of these gentlemen would argue they had fairly elite college success...but no NFL time

• Upvote 1

Well this wasn't really for how they performed after college, it was meant for ranking how good they were in college. 
Booger won defensive player of the year AND MVP. That is rare for a Dlineman to win both, but that's how dominant he was.

Booger's accolades include

Conference POY 2002 and 2003
Defensive POY 2002 (NT LB Chris Hurd won it in 2003, Kassal won it in 2001)
...and the famous sack-interception in one move.

...I always thought one of the most telling statistics about Kennedy's remarkable level of play was his 60+ career TFL.  For a DT that is astronomical.  You usually just see DTs clogging up the middle and the DE/LBs are chasing people in the backfield.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, greenminer said:

Booger's accolades include

Conference POY 2002 and 2003
Defensive POY 2002 (NT LB Chris Hurd won it in 2003, Kassal won it in 2001)
...and the famous sack-interception in one move.

...I always thought one of the most telling statistics about Kennedy's remarkable level of play was his 60+ career TFL.  For a DT that is astronomical.  You usually just see DTs clogging up the middle and the DEs are chasing people in the backfield.

I would love to see a defensive lineman do that today. Utterly insane.

I also heard that he could dunk a basketball?? Any truth to that?

• Upvote 1

Quinn spawned the greatest avatar in the history of gomeangreen.com.  Quoner!?  That counts for something in my book.

But this is Booger all the way….and then Cobbs, Quinn and Spencer.  Booger was unbelievably fun to watch.  All four of these guys were, really. Every single one of these dudes played with a chip on their shoulder.  Quinn had the TD catch (against LaLa?) where the two defenders collided, knocking his helmet off but leaving him standing, flexing over them on ground.  Spenser’s gorilla stomp celebrations, PCobbs ducking under and around would be tacklers.  Booger had too many ridiculous plays to name, but my favorite was the fumble recovery for a TD against Baylor.

• Upvote 1

Perspective:

Since 2005, only 8 players across all of CFB have accumulated 60+ TFL in their careers.  Booger's career total of 61 would put him at #9.  Despite constantly being double and triple teamed.

There are 35 players that have 51 or more TFLs.  2 of them are DTs: Ed Oliver (53) and Aaron Donald (66).

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/tackles-loss-player-career.html

• Upvote 2