Jason Bean update

From the sound of things, this year's Kansas quarterback battle will be like that of past years, meaning it will extend into the fall. That's likely especially true given Jason Bean, a transfer from North Texas, is not yet on campus. He's expected to have a chance to compete for the starting role when he arrives this summer. 

Here are their stats from the last year: 

• Jalon Daniels (Fr.): 76-for-152 passing (50.0%), 718 yards, 4 TD (1 passing), 4 INT
  • Miles Kendrick (Jr.): 73-for-120 passing (60.8%), 647 yards, 6 TD (all passing), 5 INT
  • Jason Bean (So.): 79-for-145 passing (54.5%), 1,131 yards, 19 TD (14 passing), 5 INT

Bean's statistics, of course, came at North Texas, while the other two passers were at Kansas. While his statistics were mostly better than the aforementioned two across the board, Bean will have to deal with the challenge of getting on campus in June, as compared to the others, who have been around the program for some time. 

read more:  https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Where-Kansas-football-quarterback-competition-sits-heading-into-summer-165187441/

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Ummm were they gonna agree to let us only play offense?  

They scored 15 points per game which was 124th in the nation, I know our defense was bad but the Kansas defense was dead last (46 PPG)

I'm not saying we were good because we weren't, but I'm confident 2020's team would beat Kansas with ease. Bean, in my mind, is taking a huge step down from NT

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Kansas (Over 1 -195...Under 1 +150)

Preseason Big 12 Poll Rank: 10th
Non-Conference Games: South Dakota, at Coastal Carolina, at Duke
Schedule Notes: FCS South Dakota represents the best chance for a win this season and rarely are there easy
wins against teams from the Missouri Valley Football Conference. The Jayhawks will likely go winless in the Big 12
again with home games against Baylor and Kansas State representing the "best" chances for a victory.
QB Battle: North Texas transfer Jason Bean vs. sophomore Jalon Daniels vs. senior Miles Kendrick

Link:  https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-12-football-examining-over-under-win-totals-2021

Edited by meangreen11
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

Kansas (Over 1 -195...Under 1 +150)

Preseason Big 12 Poll Rank: 10th
Non-Conference Games: South Dakota, at Coastal Carolina, at Duke
Schedule Notes: FCS South Dakota represents the best chance for a win this season and rarely are there easy
wins against teams from the Missouri Valley Football Conference. The Jayhawks will likely go winless in the Big 12
again with home games against Baylor and Kansas State representing the "best" chances for a victory.
QB Battle: North Texas transfer Jason Bean vs. sophomore Jalon Daniels vs. senior Miles Kendrick

Link:  https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-12-football-examining-over-under-win-totals-2021

They Kansas lost to Nichols State two years ago.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The Rise of Skywalker

Speaking of transfers, is North Texas transfer Jason Bean (pictured above) the quarterback of the future?

Well since this is the optimistic article, I’ll tell you yes, of course he is. The second he stepped on campus, he became one of the fastest players on the roster,

and in 8 games last year, he posted a 14-5 TD-INT ratio for the Mean Green.

If this coaching staff can figure out a way to get Bean into space and/or give him any time at all in the pocket, his 54% completion percentage should dramatically

improve. That’s easier said that done, but keep in mind, no quarterback can be as accurate as Imperial Stormtroopers.

https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2021/7/15/22578087/50-days-until-kansas-jayhawks-football-reasons-for-optimism

Edited by Tom McKrackin
  • Haha 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

The Rise of Skywalker

Speaking of transfers, is North Texas transfer Jason Bean (pictured above) the quarterback of the future?

Well since this is the optimistic article, I’ll tell you yes, of course he is. The second he stepped on campus, he became one of the fastest players on the roster,

and in 8 games last year, he posted a 14-5 TD-INT ratio for the Mean Green.

If this coaching staff can figure out a way to get Bean into space and/or give him any time at all in the pocket, his 54% completion percentage should dramatically

improve. That’s easier said that done, but keep in mind, no quarterback can be as accurate as Imperial Stormtroopers.

https://www.rockchalktalk.com/2021/7/15/22578087/50-days-until-kansas-jayhawks-football-reasons-for-optimism

40ejz5.gif

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DentonLurker said:

Let the man move on. Why are so many so caught up on people no longer at UNT? I just don't get it. I wish him well, but I also don't particularly see how it relates to Mean Green Football anymore.

Damn Right GIF by memecandy

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1