TGIF - Your favorite pro wrestler of all time?

• Big Z changed the title to TGIF - Your favorite pro wrestler of all time?
8 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

The Godfather of Texas wrestlin’, from the Sportatorium on Cadez Street in downtown Dallas,  Fritz Von Erich !

Bronco Lupitz your referee.  Your ring announcer, Bill Mercer

greenjoe, as a kid growing up down in Brazoria County I still remember seeing posters nailed to telephone posts advertising “Fritz Von Erich at the Brazoria County Fairgrounds, Angleton, Texas.”

• Upvote 1

Stone Cold, The Rock, Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boys, The Godfather, and some more I can't remember.

Every once in a while I will watch a video from the attitude era (late 90s) and wonder why in the hell so many parents including mine were letting me watch this stuff. Not the fighting or violence part, the over the top adult storylines that accompanied it were simply too much. Crazy the ratings both WWF and WCW used to get during the Monday night wars.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

12 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Stone Cold, The Rock, Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boys, The Godfather, and some more I can't remember.

Every once in a while I will watch a video from the attitude era (late 90s) and wonder why in the hell so many parents including mine were letting me watch this stuff. Not the fighting or violence part, the over the top adult storylines that accompanied it were simply too much. Crazy the ratings both WWF and WCW used to get during the Monday night wars.

Old American Football League (AFL) fans will remember Wahoo McDaniel & Ernie Ladd who also wrestled. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

So hard to narrow it down. Love the guys you have from that era. I loved Too Cool in addition to the rest of your list. Plus somewhere around that time I liked the new slimmer, older, Shawn Michaels.

I was both a Hulkamaniac and a hardcore Ultimate Warrior fan when I was a kid.

• Upvote 2

In my childhood there were several.

My grandfather liked Thunderbolt Patterson so I will give him a vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbolt_Patterson

I also would list Wahoo Mcdaniel as a childhood favorite. He looked formidable in his Indian Headdress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahoo_McDaniel

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 2

The most insane thing about a random WWF video from the 90s on youtube I notice is the sheer difference in crowd excitement and engagement in 1999 with no smart phones vs 2021. 20,000 people going ballistic all so their home made signs could be seen for maybe half a second on TV. Just a stark difference in attention span from then to the instant gratification era of today. 

• Upvote 2