Why exactly did we not get a home and home with Mizzou?

Look again.

It's just going to take almost a decade.

Southeast Missouri

Colorado

at North Texas

Florida Atlantic

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I guess I needed to look again - 2030 is the first game of a home & home.  So I guess either this year is a one-off, or it's the first of a 2-1.

at Kansas

North Texas

at Illinois

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I didn’t like the fact we didnt have a home and home with Arkansas, but in the future we need to get big time P5 teams coming here for home and home or even 2-1s. Teams like Texas, OSU, etc

Why would a P5 ever do that?   It is extremely rare that a P5 ever schedules a G5 on a home and away series.  

2-1 happens more often, but still not often.   P5's seldom play a G5 away because they rather buy home wins than to risk an away loss.  

There are always G5's willing to play away for a big paycheck.  Those guarantees have been getting larger and larger forcing some of the weaker/poorer p5's to schedule occasional away games. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Why would a P5 ever do that?   It is extremely rare that a P5 ever schedules a G5 on a home and away series.  

2-1 happens more often, but still not often.   P5's seldom play a G5 away because they rather buy home wins than to risk an away loss.  

There are always G5's willing to play away for a big paycheck.  Those guarantees have been getting larger and larger forcing some of the weaker/poorer p5's to schedule occasional away games. 

Okay well yes and no. Teams like UTSA, SMU, even La Tech among others have hosted more P5 teams for home and home or even 2-1s.

UTSA has hosted OSU, Arizona St, Baylor

SMU has hosted TCU (I know it’s always a home and home but still P5), Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech

La Tech has hosted Texas A&M, Mississippi State

Looking at the future schedule, Cal in 2023 then a massive wait until 2027 when Texas Tech comes, then 2029 against Baylor, and 2030 against Missouri. Compare that to half of the G5, it is sad.

My overall point of all of this was to say, yes they do travel to G5’s once in a while but we haven’t had any P5 since an awful Indiana team in 2011. I know we’re hosting Cal in 2 years, but I just don’t understand why we won’t do more of the 2-1s or try to get home and homes.

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2021 at 10:26 AM, Texas Stranger said:

I think this year was a one-off booked a while back by RV.  The future contract was booked by WB recently.

This is the way I remember it. This year was a guarantee booked by RV. Then we have a home and home booked last year that I hope to live to see. LOL

On 5/7/2021 at 9:37 AM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Okay well yes and no. Teams like UTSA, SMU, even La Tech among others have hosted more P5 teams for home and home or even 2-1s.

UTSA has hosted OSU, Arizona St, Baylor

SMU has hosted TCU (I know it’s always a home and home but still P5), Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech

La Tech has hosted Texas A&M, Mississippi State

Looking at the future schedule, Cal in 2023 then a massive wait until 2027 when Texas Tech comes, then 2029 against Baylor, and 2030 against Missouri. Compare that to half of the G5, it is sad.

My overall point of all of this was to say, yes they do travel to G5’s once in a while but we haven’t had any P5 since an awful Indiana team in 2011. I know we’re hosting Cal in 2 years, but I just don’t understand why we won’t do more of the 2-1s or try to get home and homes.

I'm in the camp that 2 for 1s are garbage unless it's a super power (OU, Texas, Alabama, etc.). You do those very often and you screw your team because you are scheduling 2 road games for every home game in the non-con. Football scheudling seems to be running about a decade out. I believe we've secured home and homes with Baylor, Missouri, Texas Tech, Cal and it seems like there was another one I'm forgetting. Point is I don't think the home and homes were a priority until WB got here, we've been getting them scheduled but football scheduling runs so damn far out.