DRC: Five reasons for pessimism for UNT in 2021

I kinda gotta disagree with #5

5. There is no pressure on UNT in 2021

In my (not so popular) opinion, this is a HUGE pressure year for Littrell. If he can't get us out of a 2 year hole then he's looking for a new job. The recruits are stellar. We have some great talent, coaching changes (again), and the stars should be aligning for us. I welcome a resurgence, but the pressure most definitely should be on and high. 

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

19 minutes ago, greenminer said:

What does our returning experience at OL and DL amount to?

Quite a bit I would say. Oline helped the offense so much last year, and Dline (IF USED RIGHT) is the anchor of the team.

Murphy’s on the ends, Novil in the middle with great rotation guys behind him and the ends.

Losing Farrell hurts, but the guys we have in the room right now are still talented enough to have the same results up front.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Best qb combo we have seen in a very long time. I expect Rudder to dominate C-USA. GMG

I have unrealistically high hopes for Rudder, but I also remember Morris a couple years ago. Night and day I think since Rudder seems to have a much higher ceiling

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

I have unrealistically high hopes for Rudder, but I also remember Morris a couple years ago. Night and day I think since Rudder seems to have a much higher ceiling

Was Morris really given a chance? Seems to me Seth went into the game looking for a reason to pull him. Happy with Mason's success, but I have always whished he could have set out the first season

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

23 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Was Morris really given a chance? Seems to me Seth went into the game looking for a reason to pull him. Happy with Mason's success, but I have always whished he could have set out the first season

One of Seth’s biggest mistakes in my opinion. We win the Bowl game Morris is MVP!

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

We were getting our hind ends handed to us in the first game and Morris looked terrible.  I had no problem with him pulling him and putting Fine in.  The "problem" was that Fine drove us right down the field for a touchdown, energized the team and electrified the crowd leaving Littrell with no other choice than to play him all year.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: Five reasons for pessimism for UNT in 2021
On 5/5/2021 at 6:05 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

What about when Mason got injured and Morris came in. For example, he did solid in the HOD bowl but Jeff Wilson was the primary reason why we weren’t blown out.

He did not fit what Seth and Graham had set on offense. Getting benched to a freshman makes it worse, but in the end he got his chances but didn’t really work out at all

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

What about when Mason got injured and Morris came in. For example, he did solid in the HOD bowl but Jeff Wilson was the primary reason why we weren’t blown out.

He did not fit what Seth and Graham had set on offense. Getting benched to a freshman makes it worse, but in the end he got his chances but didn’t really work out at all

Maybe part of it for me is the "what might have been"
If Mason had sat out, last year would have been his Sr season.
He could still be coming back this next year

• Eye Roll 1