‘21 LB Grady Brewer - Rockwall Heath (PWO?)

Recently de-committed from TCU.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2021/2/3/22262125/national-signing-day-frogs-complete-the-class-of-2021

Additionally, the Horned Frogs seem to have secured some intriguing Preferred Walk-Ons, led by local linebacker Sam Forman of Aledo, an All District and All Country player in 2020. Another one of the state’s best linebackers, Grady Brewer — whose 172 tackles led 6A in Texas — has also signed on, as have Choctaw defensive lineman Donnie Wingate, Round Rock defensive end Luke Dodds, and Richardson tight end Dylan Adams, who at 6’5”, 235, has potential to move to the line on offense or defense.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 2

I saw that Brewer de-committed from TCU.  Reading between the lines it could be that he was a PWO at TCU and may have been given a scholarship to North Texas.  My take is that Bennett was involved in the recruitment which I would have doubts that he would have talked to him about a PWO and he had a scholarship to give due to the loss of Willie Simmons.

i

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I saw that Brewer de-committed from TCU.  Reading between the lines it could be that he was a PWO at TCU and may have been given a scholarship to North Texas.  My take is that Bennett was involved in the recruitment which I would have doubts that he would have talked to him about a PWO and he had a scholarship to give due to the loss of Willie Simmons.

i

Or tuition at UNT is tens of thousands cheaper than TCU?

• Upvote 4

• 97and03 changed the title to ‘21 LB Grady Brewer - Rockwall Heath (PWO?)
1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I think I missed something.  Where does it mention TSU-SM?

couple comments up there is a Twitter post showing Tx State and he mentioned giving him an opportunity to continue Athletics and Academics. Hence my question

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, untbowler said:

confused did he commit and sign with Tx State or is he still shopping options?

I believe that both are some kind of offers that are still open.  He hasn't accepted either yet.   Both were posted yesterday; possibly back to back.  If he gets a full ride offer from a FBS school I would think that he would take it assuming that both our offer and TSU's offer are PWO.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Either this portal business has destroyed our scholarships or we've really gotten high-falutin' in a short period of time.  I would never have thought that we'd offer a PWO to the #1 tackler in the highest high school division.  If all of our scholarships were given/promised due to the transfers surely someone with these credentials will be given a blue/gray shirt.  As someone said, this man is a tackling machine and I'd sure like to see us get him.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Either this portal business has destroyed our scholarships or we've really gotten high-falutin' in a short period of time.  I would never have thought that we'd offer a PWO to the #1 tackler in the highest high school division.  If all of our scholarships were given/promised due to the transfers surely someone with these credentials will be given a blue/gray shirt.  As someone said, this man is a tackling machine and I'd sure like to see us get him.

There is not much information on him online.  He doesn't have a profile on 247, and his profile on Rivals is pretty bare.  Not sure why, but it doesn't appear we are the only ones going the route of PWO with him.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/grady-brewer-268788

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Great against the run.  Pass coverage suspect?

Honestly fine by me. Maybe it'll change with a 4-2-5, but we have been absolutely gashed on the ground under Littrell. Give me a good run stuffer all day. We have enough DB's/quicker LB's to cover

• Upvote 1