🎞 Coming Soon! Texas-based football movie with many scenes filmed at Weatherford’s Pythian Home...”12 Mighty Orphans”

In the movie poster the building in the background is the Pythian Home which is located off Bankhead Highway in Weatherford.  I’ve DJ’d a couple of charity events there & talk about your basic spooky place.  Staff at the Pythian have told me in past years that it’s haunted.😳 

🍿A pretty decent all star cast including Robert Duvall, Martin Sheen, Luke Wilson & others.  
 🍿Movie inspired from former Dallas sportswriterJim Dent’s book of the same name.  

🍿Like the many on GMG who appear to be movie buffs I look forward to seeing this movie.

30727C1D-EA96-425C-B5BA-2537D73CD468.thumb.jpeg.da6014a53a8003ab982535d2d4c41259.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to 🎞 Coming Soon! Texas-based football movie with many scenes filmed at Weatherford’s Pythian Home...”12 Mighty Orphans”

Years ago there was a sporting goods salesman that was based in Odessa and worked the west Texas schools. I wish I could recall his name. Anyway he was one of the Mighty Mites . He may have been 5'2'' and 115 lbs. This was around 64', 66'.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Great video find, Silver”Bill”Eagle. 👍👍 I thoroughly enjoyed it & it gives us all a good background for the movie when it comes out soon. (Obviously, the Pythian Home in Weatherford will serve as the FW Masonic home in the movie). FW’s Farrington Field (across from Casa Manana) will be a natural for the football game setting.  

•••UNT alum Dr. James Stewart was superintendent of Fort Worth’s Masonic School for years.  A nice feller he was. 
•••The Bell Tower chapel at the FW Mason’s property is beautiful.  I’ve DJ’d a couple of weddings there back in the day. *Here’s a couple of pics.

20D8FA02-5FFF-43A9-A63A-26922D9DA17A.jpeg.d149d21f60596f66af1556471f2c8f68.jpeg2DC1EDB2-F389-49BE-ABA8-2A3058F05870.jpeg.57ec6b7ce69c56c479ebc731b48d9ea9.jpegGMG!❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
Add pics