Darden’s next stop-the bank

greenjoe

20 hours ago, greenjoe said:

According to website “Over the Cap”, a fourth round draft pick should expect to sign a 4 year contract worth about 4.11 mil paying between $814-$733 thou per year, including signing bonus.  If Jaelon can make the team, have a relatively injury free 4 years and not spend his money foolishly, he should be well on his way to a prosperous future.

Don't forget to write, Jaelon.

GO MEAN GREEN

That is nice money. Not as nice as NT golf alums Munoz and Ortiz have been making the last 3 years. But still nothing to sneeze at. I personally would be willing to do the extra work with the tax accountant if i was offered that amount.

Edited by outoftown

12 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He’s already donated 4 years of record-breaking achievements for our viewing pleasure.   He doesn’t have to  ‘donate’ anything financially if he doesn’t want to.

Obviously not, but if we ever want to get out of this abysmal situation with our endowment, we’re going to need our well-off alumni to be more engaged.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Obviously not, but if we ever want to get out of this abysmal situation with our endowment, we’re going to need our well-off alumni to be more engaged.

Actually there has been some great massive donations in the last decade, far from abysmal.  Most of these went to specified projects not to unrestricted endowment funds. 

It would be nice, for NT to be sitting on billions in endowments, but NT passing 200 million last year was IMO a great achievement. 

I have heard that Mathews did not want donations because he feared any outside influence.  Thus NT got a real late start in the endowment race. 

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Actually there has been some great massive donations in the last decade, far from abysmal.  Most of these went to specified projects not to unrestricted endowment funds. 

It would be nice, for NT to be sitting on billions in endowments, but NT passing 200 million last year was IMO a great achievement. 

I have heard that Mathews did not want donations because he feared any outside influence.  Thus NT got a real late start in the endowment race. 

Might be interesting to see how much money athletics has brought to the university since we really started investing in the athletic department/facilities.  I'm thinking that was about the time Wren was brought on board.

Are we getting back more than we put into athletics? Are we losing money? I have no idea.

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Might be interesting to see how much money athletics has brought to the university since we really started investing in the athletic department/facilities.  I'm thinking that was about the time Wren was brought on board.

Are we getting back more than we put into athletics? Are we losing money? I have no idea.

I doubt they have been able to raise much money during Covid but you are correct it would be good to know.

On 5/3/2021 at 12:21 PM, DeepGreen said:

Even after "Uncle Joe" takes out his share with the new tax rates, Jaelon should still have some nice spending money.  At least he'll be in Florida where there is no state income tax.

Did you know though they are required to pay taxes for the games they pay in states that have State income taxes regardless of state residency.

So each game week their earnings are taxed at the local rate in the state they are played I.e NYC, San Fransisco, Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Cincy etc

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

That’s interesting.  If I work for a company in Texas and my company sends me to Ohio for a month to get the Ohio branch back on track, I wouldn’t be considered an employee of an Ohio company.  I’d continue to get paid from my Texas employer.  I wonder why it’s different working for a Florida company franchised by the NFL ?

GOD BLESS TEXAS

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

54 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

That’s interesting.  If I work for a company in Texas and my company sends me to Ohio for a month to get the Ohio branch back on track, I wouldn’t be considered an employee of an Ohio company.  I’d continue to get paid from my Texas employer.  I wonder why it’s different working for a Florida company franchised by the NFL ?

GOD BLESS TEXAS

It is the same for all professional sports. You are taxed based on where the event is played

• Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

21 hours ago, greenjoe said:

GOD BLESS TEXAS

My first thought:  "Follow the money"; "Deep pockets"

My second thought:  Change Ohio to New York, and see what the NY Dept of Revenue thinks.  If they have any evidence that a person worked even a day within NY state, they'll expect taxes to be paid.

My third thought:  Win at gambling in any state that has an income tax, and that state will take their share.

22 hours ago, greenjoe said:

GOD BLESS TEXAS

You might want to check with your CPA on that thinking...I worked in California for two days in 2020, guess who had to file a California tax return...