Speaking of Uniforms...

UNTLifer

Actually, I think a modernized version of those uniforms would be a good idea.  NT has no obvious connection with the armed forces yet they wear a military style uniform.  And speaking of “non-military” why does the Green Brigade continue to carry those white “rifles” ?  Is the right to twirl wooden rifles protected under the Second Amendment ?

GO MEAN GREEN

On 5/1/2021 at 11:23 AM, SilverEagle said:

Which of these did you wear?

Primary view of object titled '[Marching band members]'.

The one on the right, (sitting down), is my all time favorite uni. 

I wore the version on the left as I entered North Texas in 1971. The older uniform on the right was worn from the early 50's to the late 60's so I would imagine they were pretty ripe by the time they were retired. 

The uniform on the right was black with green trim on the hat and plume. There was a scroll on the left shoulder saying, North Texas State. There was also a green and white cape showing NTS.

The "new" uniform on the left consisted of a green jacket and black pants and an overlay which was reversible. The NTS you see was worn most of the time. The other side consisted of a map of Texas with a star placed at the location of Denton.

Both uniforms were also worn on stage when the concert band was performing. The older uniform was worn as is, sans the hat, cape, and spats. With the new uniform, the overlay was removed and we wore only the jacket and pants along with a white shirt and black tie. No spats were worn on stage either!

Edited by letsgiveacheer
  • Thanks 2