'21 JUCO OT Offer: Kaci Moreka; Trinity Valley

UNTLifer

6'5" 300lbs.

3 to play 3, May graduate

Also shows offers from Samford and TSU-SM

Originally from Arlington Martin.  Signed with Northern CO out of high school.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kaci-Moreka-46115621/junior-college-264436/

Announced via Twitter.

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Commits! Looks like he will be joining the team for the fall so he’s a 2021 commit rather than 2022.

So Billy what’s your gut opinion on this new commit. He is a big guy but only had two offers according to 24/7 in HS. I did see in a earlier post that there were other CUSA schools who showed interest but no link attached to see what other offers he has received as a JUCO.

50 minutes ago, Danish43 said:

So Billy what’s your gut opinion on this new commit. He is a big guy but only had two offers according to 24/7 in HS. I did see in a earlier post that there were other CUSA schools who showed interest but no link attached to see what other offers he has received as a JUCO.

I haven’t watched the film but I know our tackle depth is not great right now. Jacob Farrell was supposed to be our starting left tackle this season and Erik Williams was looking like a potential heir apparent to Jacob Brammer at right tackle. Both left the team in January.

We brought in one high school tackle in Rayvon Crum who looks very promising but it makes sense to bring in someone a little older to provide the immediate depth this season.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, UNT18Grad said:

His 24/7 page needs updating but according to his Twitter his other FBS offers received in the last 3ish months were: Texas State, Utah State, UTSA, UNLV, Charlotte, LA Tech, UAB, Indiana, Marshall, and Buffalo.  

Any time we beat out 10 other programs for an OL recruit (including 5 from our own conference) I'll consider that a big win.  

Well that’s more like it!  I’m disappointed 247 doesn’t do better updates but not surprised. 

Edited by greengal
  • Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Danish43 said:

I did not know that Jason Brammer left the team. If I remember he was the converted TE to tackle and here on GMG a lot of promised was shown in him. Did he graduate, transfer, or just give up on the game?

Jacob Farrell and Erik Williams left the team. Brammer is still the starting Right Tackle and was 2nd team all conference last year.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

• BillySee58 changed the title to '21 JUCO OT Offer: Kaci Moreka; Trinity Valley

Sounds like he likes pizza, fries and canteloupe for lunch.

Kaci Moreka, a 6-foot-5, 284-pound offensive lineman hauled in a load of pizza, fries and canteloupe for lunch.

“I kept track of (calories and intake) for a nutrition class I had, but now I just eat whatever I can to get bigger and stronger,” Moreka said.

read more: https://www.greeleytribune.com/2019/07/30/carbs-proteins-lots-of-water-and-bears-oh-my/

• Upvote 1

Kaci redshirted his 1st season at UNC and then started

ON THE LINE

Four of Northern Colorado's currently listed starters on the offensive line did not start a game prior to 2019. Center Max Bruner and left tackle Kaci Moreka redshirted last season before moving into the lineup this season. Air Force transfer, and former defensive lineman, Matthew Gaiter started for the first time last week at right guard. Right tackle Grant Stephen played in four games last season, but did not register a start.

https://nauathletics.com/story.aspx?filename=nau-football-game-primer-vs-northern-colorado&file_date=10-4-2019&path=football

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Danish43 said:

I did not know that Jason Brammer left the team. If I remember he was the converted TE to tackle and here on GMG a lot of promised was shown in him. Did he graduate, transfer, or just give up on the game?

Jacob Brammer didn't leave and will be our starting RT.

• Upvote 3