Hines Ward joins FAU's Staff

UNTLifer

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/Hines-Ward-Florida-Atlantic-staff-Willie-Taggart-Pittsburgh-Steelers-New-York-Jets-164481625/

Legendary Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward is reportedly joining Willie Taggart's coaching staff at Florida Atlantic. The move was first reported by FAU Owls Nest and confirmed by ESPN. Ward spent 2019 and 2020 as an offensive analyst with the New York Jets and will work with wide receivers coach Joey Thomas at FAU.

The remainder of the article is odd.  They make it sound like he is working for Georgia and not FAU

Just now, Tom McKrackin said:

I’m starting to see FAU being one of those TCU like programs that will be able to elevate to P5 when the opportunity presents itself.   They are building something very special there.

Nah, nobody is moving up again. People will get kicked out before long...

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I’m starting to see FAU being one of those TCU like programs that will be able to elevate to P5 when the opportunity presents itself.   They are building something very special there.

I suspect The P5 will be trimming teams off from here out.  If they are eventually going to break from the NCAA, it will be a smaller version of the current roster.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

No

So...Expand. Why? Why not? FAU is doing a fantastic job managing coaching personnel and putting themselves into a position to succeed. Why does this hurt you so much? Did Kiffin touch you before he left?

This board wears such green tinted glasses some times that I can barely stand to read it. Get off our (unearned) high horse. celebrate success for everyone, and figure out how we can get there too!

• RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Did you make a point? No.

My point is, (and I did make one) this board is so very black and white, either you are for UNT or against? that's it? That's not a discussion. That's a circle jerk. And it really looks bad on us. See good ideas, build on them, elevate ourselves. Don't live in the 70's. We need a better UNT

• RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, Udomann said:

My point is, (and I did make one) this board is so very black and white, either you are for UNT or against? that's it? That's not a discussion. That's a circle jerk. And it really looks bad on us. See good ideas, build on them, elevate ourselves. Don't live in the 70's. We need a better UNT

Since you are enlightened you must think FAU will be in a P5 conference?

3 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Since you are enlightened you must think FAU will be in a P5 conference?

Feel free to point out anywhere I said that. FAU has made great decisions, had (mostly) a great couple of year. I think there's a lot we can learn from other programs. And, if anything, CUSA success can only help us! I would love to not be part of the worst conference in CFB, anything to bring that very low benchmark up.

• Eye Roll 1

24 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Feel free to point out anywhere I said that. FAU has made great decisions, had (mostly) a great couple of year. I think there's a lot we can learn from other programs. And, if anything, CUSA success can only help us! I would love to not be part of the worst conference in CFB, anything to bring that very low benchmark up.

Ok bye

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

I do not need to expand anything. No FAU will never be P5. Will they jump UCF or USF? No. Does Kiffin still coach there? No. Did you make a point? No.

Well it sure looks like by the money they’re spending that they plan to do just that.  If that other Florida school can go undefeated why can’t these jokers?  Time will tell - still have to play the games - but I’d like him on our coaching staff, for sure.  

When I was a classroom teacher, Hines was my student for 3 years. I bragged to him about knowing Joe Greene in college and hoped someday that he would play for the Steelers. My wife who also taught him was influential in his choosing UGA. Hines has long wanted to coach at the college level. He will pour his heart and soul in this.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

If that other Florida school can go undefeated why can’t these jokers?  

All these FL upstarts have been saying the same stuff since USF made T5 noise.  Seems like things have leveled off and we've pretty much seen what they'll be.  Good programs, FAU being in the CUSA 'ship discussions, but not at the front of the line for a P5 invite...if there is one at all.

• Upvote 1

I figure that the Power Leagues will eventually be 4 conferences. The ACC, SEC, B1G, and the PAC. But the members of those conferences will probably look different than what we see today. For example, I suspect an ACC without Wake Forest or BC. The B1G won’t keep Northwestern or Rutgers, either. The SEC isn’t keeping both of the Mississippi schools. And the Big XII and PAC could easily combine into something like this:

Washington, Oregon, Stanford, USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Texas, Tech, Oklahoma, OSU, KU, and KSU. 

However it plays out, the Big XII and its media partners made it perfectly clear in paying the current members MORE to not take anyone from the G5’s into their league. No BYU, no UH, no Memphis, etc...

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1