'22 WDE Offer: Will Hubert, Papillion-La Vista (NE): No Rating Yet

UNTLifer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

https://nebpreps.com/papillion-la-vistas-will-hubert-looking-forward-to-busy-summer/

Really love this  young man's attitude.  Would love to see him in Denton.

If we can land 2 out of Jack Curtis, David Oke, and Hubert I’ll be ecstatic. Put two of them behind the Murphy twins, Pickett, and Jacobi Johnson and we’ll keep our EDGE rushing unit really deep for a while.

I think pass rush is going to be our biggest area of improvement defensively (definitely was when the Murphy twins first entered the lineup) and we need it to stay that way.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

If we can land 2 out of Jack Curtis, David Oke, and Hubert I’ll be ecstatic. Put two of them behind the Murphy twins, Pickett, and Jacobi Johnson and we’ll keep our EDGE rushing unit really deep for a while.

I think pass rush is going to be our biggest area of improvement defensively (definitely was when the Murphy twins first entered the lineup) and we need it to stay that way.

I think a big chunk of that pass rush improvement comes from up the middle.  Just having a 4-man front with Novil not having to take up double-teams & often triple-teams should open him up for more interior pressure.
The pieces are there in the front 7 if Bennett can get things going quickly.   
I just can't figure out what we have in the secondary because of how terrible last year's scheme was.  Those dudes looked lost about 1/3 of the time last year.   If Bennett & Holley can get those guys to buy-in and quickly adapt to the new scheme, this defense could really surprise folks.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think a big chunk of that pass rush improvement comes from up the middle.  Just having a 4-man front with Novil not having to take up double-teams & often triple-teams should open him up for more interior pressure.
The pieces are there in the front 7 if Bennett can get things going quickly.   
I just can't figure out what we have in the secondary because of how terrible last year's scheme was.  Those dudes looked lost about 1/3 of the time last year.   If Bennett & Holley can get those guys to buy-in and quickly adapt to the new scheme, this defense could really surprise folks.

Maybe but the Murphy twins looked so much better than any edge pass rushing we had seen from anyone the past 3 seasons outside of Hamilton. Watching them actually get by tackles was really impressive. Expecting big things this season, and hope we can re-stock behind them.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Maybe but the Murphy twins looked so much better than any edge pass rushing we had seen from anyone the past 3 seasons outside of Hamilton. Watching them actually get by tackles was really impressive. Expecting big things this season, and hope we can re-stock behind them.

Oh, no doubt,  just saying I don't think those guys are going to be the only ones improving the pass rush.

• Upvote 1

I thought our DE play last year was maybe the worst I have ever seen. No pressure and just as important no containment. This impacted every level of our D. I hope the twins have put on a lot of size otherwise they could become situational players which is fine. With undersized LB the D line has to take up space. GMG 

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The twins have added good size. Our DE's are now listed at:

Grayson is now 6'2" 254 lbs.

Gabriel is 6'2" 257 lbs. 

Pickett is 6'3" 253 lbs.

Rausaw is 6'3" 275 lbs.

Dotson is 6'3"  257 lbs.

Wish they were all taller 6'5" plus, with wingspan.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

The twins have added good size. Our DE's are now listed at:

Grayson is now 6'2" 254 lbs.

Gabriel is 6'2" 257 lbs. 

Pickett is 6'3" 253 lbs.

Rausaw is 6'3" 275 lbs.

Dotson is 6'3"  257 lbs.

I’m not to worried about their sizes, we have seen (recently in fact) that good production can come from a player their size in a 4-man front.  

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/aaron-bellazin/966

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/brandon-mccoy/1014

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I’m not to worried about their sizes, we have seen (recently in fact) that good production can come from a player their size in a 4-man front.  

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/aaron-bellazin/966

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/brandon-mccoy/1014

I like the size of our DE's.  I wasn't complaining, just showing how they have all added good weight.

• 1 month later...