Ladies Golf C-USA tournament

outoftown

First round is over. It went pretty well I think.

NT is second 5 shots behind WKU. But WKU isn't exactly likely to be able to keep up that pace. On the other hand NT is 8 shots ahead of the two teams that are on paper the toughest competition (UTSA and ODU)

Edited by outoftown

49 minutes ago, outoftown said:

NT is second 5 shots behind WKU. But WKU isn't exactly likely to be able to keep up that pace. On the other hand NT is 8 shots ahead of the two teams that are on paper the toughest competition (UTSA and ODU)

WKU lead player shot a 7 down, pretty damn impressive, although Tan from UNT shot 6 down

Edited by untbowler

17 hours ago, outoftown said:

wky is -4 for the round....7 shot lead over north texas

2 hours ago, THOR said:

wky is -4 for the round....7 shot lead over north texas

WKU indeed managed to keep pace better than I thought, but was still 11 shots worse in round 2 than in round 1. Problem is that NT didn't have a spectacular second round either. Still by now (shortly before end of second round) NT managed to reduce the gap to 3 shots, with MTSU in third 5 behind WKU and UTSA with an outside shot 10 behind. Everyone else is most definitely out of it.

If I got even odds and had to bet, I'd still bet on NT to be on top at the end.

Edited by outoftown

On 4/20/2021 at 6:56 PM, THOR said:

how many teams advance to the ncaa's?

The winner is guaranteed. But given NTs ranking of 33rd they are pretty certain to be an at large for the regionals. UTSA at 49 also has a shot at an at large i would guess. Even ODU might have had a chanceit, although right now their performance at the conference championship is not likely to do them any good.

In all I think there are 4 regionals with-  i think -  24 teams each.

Edit: its only 18 teams per regional.

Edited by outoftown

51 minutes ago, outoftown said:

The third round has started. On the first three holes NT has managed to reduce the gap from 4 to 1 shot.

with the team on holes 6-9, they have a 9 shot swing today and are now ahead by 5 shots...HOLY MOLY

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Everybody has at least 12 holes now. NT is having a really good day. WKY has crumbled. MTSU is second currently,9 shots behind. Looking veeery good

Wow what a great 3rd round, running away with it. 9 up on WKY and 10 on MUTS

**Audrey Tan 1 stroke out of 1st in individuals

Edited by untbowler

The team championship is very close and pretty much a certainty by now. Still 9 ahead, with the first player already done.

Audrey Tan also has a shot at the individual title too, she is one shot behind with three holes to go.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, outoftown said:

The team championship is very close and pretty much a certainty by now. Still 9 ahead, with the first player already done.

Audrey Tan also has a shot at the individual title too, she is one shot behind with three holes to go.

Great round by the ladies today.  Tan has 16, 17 and 18 to play and she is +1 on those holes through the first two rounds.  Would love to see her take the individual title as well.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Great round by the ladies today.  Tan has 16, 17 and 18 to play and she is +1 on those holes through the first two rounds.  Would love to see her take the individual title as well.

Lauren Cox is also in a 3 way tie for 4th Currently at -2

• Upvote 1

Complete triumph! NT womens golf wins the conference

Tan managed two birdies on the last three holes and won the individual. As a team NT won in the end by 12 shots. Awesome how far womens golf has come the last few years.

With an effort like today i could even see them making it through regionals, to the ncaa finals, which would be very cool

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 4