DRC: Tylor Perry nearly gave up on DI dreams before JC detour led him to UNT

Brett Vito

Depends on how you define best season.

I'm pretty sure we all understand this is not a discussion of best team.

I know we've had some great seasons while in some prestigious conferences, but it's gotta be hard to top a win over a T20 team in the top postseason tournament, in front of today's media/visibility.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I know we've had some great seasons while in some prestigious conferences, but it's gotta be hard to top a win over a T20 team in the top postseason tournament, in front of today's media/visibility.

I was in school when Chris Davis was tearing it up.    Obviously, I have an affinity for him as the best player I've seen wear Green.    Since then, we've had dudes like NBA Draftee, Tony Mitchell, and C-USA Male Athlete of the Year, Javion Hamlet, come through who may be better players... but not to my eyeballs.

I suppose so it is with "teams" and us having affinity for the times we were actually attending NT.   Some of those JJ teams were SO SO GOOD.    And we lost some head-scratchers this season, finishing on a 3-game losing streak before flipping a switch in the postseason.    But 20-21 is the season history will say was our best... so far.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I was in school when Chris Davis was tearing it up.    Obviously, I have an affinity for him as the best player I've seen wear Green.    Since then, we've had dudes like NBA Draftee, Tony Mitchell, and C-USA Male Athlete of the Year, Javion Hamlet, come through who may be better players... but not to my eyeballs.

The Davis era was mine, too.

Years ago I revisited some recordings of the bands I was in in HS; I'll never forget how awesome we sounded....until I heard the records 20 years after-the-fact.  We were - at best - average.

Life since high school has shown me that nostalgia has a powerful way of glorifying/amplifying our memories.  Not just in music, but in pretty much every walk of life.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Follow-up thought: it's a crying shame that this 2020-2021 team will never know the crowds they could have played for.  I bet that would have shaped this debate a lot.

• Upvote 3