UNT Signee Willie Simmons reported as victim in Austin shooting

ADLER

Our signee Willie Simmons, star linebacker and honor student from Elgin, TX is reported to be one of the three people killed in the multiple shootings today in Austin.

Please keep his family and friends in your prayers.

ParamoUNT21 - LB Willie Simmons III - YouTube

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, LongJim said:

Random thoughts:

Is it important to announce "he was armed" if the guy didn't resist arrest or even draw his firearm?

Would they be saying that if this guy was not the target in a manhunt, and peacefully arrested for something else?

We live in a state that is very pro-firearm, which I'm not necessarily against, but I have mixed thoughts about having a media that feels compelled to point out everyone who is carrying.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Sorry, but this POS doesn't deserve a trial.  Sexually assaults a child, gets out, murders two "children" and an adult.

Trial, yes no matter how much of a POS. Real question - Why was his bond only set at $100,000 ? Too easy for a lot of of people to make bail.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Random thoughts:

Is it important to announce "he was armed" if the guy didn't resist arrest or even draw his firearm?

Would they be saying that if this guy was not the target in a manhunt, and peacefully arrested for something else?

We live in a state that is very pro-firearm, which I'm not necessarily against, but I have mixed thoughts about having a media that feels compelled to point out everyone who is carrying.

i think it just shows how tense of a situation it was... it's not an easy situation for anyone, the cops have to protect themselves and the suspect.