6"5" PG Curtis Jones (just offered)

SUMG

Looks like this would be a good get. Would enjoy the "Jones Brothers" joined by McBride in a three man backcourt with the two Joneses being listed at 6'5" who can both handle the ball and serve as a lead initiator. Here's a Curtis Jones highlight package (headband, long hair)...

Some info on our competition...

• Upvote 2

NJCAA All Region selection:

https://www.indianhillsathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2020-21/releases/WARRIORS_HAUL_IN_REGION_XI_HONORS

A pair of freshman guards landed on the ICCAC’s second unit in the form of Jones and Anderson.  Jones was the floor leader in his first season in Ottumwa, taking care of the majority of the ball-handling duties in addition to finding his way to an average of 12.1 points per game as well as grabbing six rebounds and 5.5 assists per contest.  Jones was also the perfect choice to have the ball in his hands in crunch time as the Minneapolis native shot 86.8 percent from the free throw line.

https://www.indianhillsathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2020-21/bios/jones_curtis_gwqb

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, greenminer said:

@BillySee58 just curious if you had your own personal preference between Jones/Perry.

Definitely Jones but I wanted both. Jones is a more well-rounded PG and we’d get him for potentially four years. I was hoping we’d get both because I really like Perry as a shooter/scorer and 6th man type, not as high on him running the show. I’m sure he’ll be solid though.

He and Rubin Jones theoretically make a good combo, because Jones is probably a better distributor and has size to make up for Perry’s lack of size. Having them both on the court could be a 1a, 1b type ball handling situation, where both can make plays but both can also catch and shoot off the ball effectively.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

@southsideguy yes.

In case you missed it, Reese has experienced 2 - TWO - NCAA first round wins with two different teams.  Has an opportunity now to make it three.  Wouldn't that be something? I know this final school is probably the longest shot, but I just had to throw that out there.  Might be a first in NCAA history.

• Eye Roll 1