James Reese has committed to South Carolina

50 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Bingo! It also teachers these young men that when they don’t like things they can just pack up and leave. It doesn’t teach responsibility or leading an honorable life. It only feeds into the my life is about me and I determine my path selfish attitudes coming out lately. Sports is becoming an idol and they are taught young it’s all about them and they don’t have to honor authority, commitments, or anything else. 

So in this scenario, every person that has a job should never look or accept a better job at a company higher up the ladder then the one they held previously?

I'd also like to point out that we should fire McCasland immediately, since we left Arkansas State after just 1 year, to take a higher paying job and be closer to family.

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet
  • Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

So in this scenario, every person that has a job should never look or accept a better job at a company higher up the ladder then the one they held previously?

I'd also like to point out that we should fire McCasland immediately, since we left Arkansas State after just 1 year, to take a higher paying job and be closer to family.

Hm... that’s a tough one but yes to an extent. Working your way up entails you want to be a leader. Leaders require certain qualities not everyone has. The ones who move up should be few and far between. Back in the day most people got a job, worked and did what they needed to do and retired. Coaches are leaders and again I can understand the movement, but yes at some point it caps out. Celery to many people have a high ego and desire to go up the ladder. That wasn’t always the case. I shouldn’t speak in absolutes; however leadership  it’s a calling not many have. Most will find themselves in a menial position where they should simply find contentment and grow there.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Bingo! It also teachers these young men that when they don’t like things they can just pack up and leave. It doesn’t teach responsibility or leading an honorable life. It only feeds into the my life is about me and I determine my path selfish attitudes coming out lately. Sports is becoming an idol and they are taught young it’s all about them and they don’t have to honor authority, commitments, or anything else. 

Yes, this does occur with some, but nothing about Reese's transfer reflects this.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Hm... that’s a tough one but yes to an extent. Working your way up entails you want to be a leader. Leaders require certain qualities not everyone has. The ones who move up should be few and far between. Back in the day most people got a job, worked and did what they needed to do and retired. Coaches are leaders and again I can understand the movement, but yes at some point it caps out. Celery to many people have a high ego and desire to go up the ladder. That wasn’t always the case. I shouldn’t speak in absolutes; however leadership  it’s a calling not many have. Most will find themselves in a menial position where they should simply find contentment and grow there.  

There you go bringing vegetables into the discussion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, outoftown said:

But afraid of the message it sends to recruits: i.e. looking at NT as a stepping stone to go to bigger programs.

Nothing about James' move specifically sends this message, IMO.  That statement probably belongs under the bigger umbrella of the transfer portal and COVID waivers.  All of this movement is making our head spin.

Also might be interesting to see how the top tier/blue bloods are being impacted too (If at all).  I have a feeling this isn't really about student-athletes "stepping up" from the low/mid tier programs; more-so, them just taking advantage of this free pass from the NCAA to hop scotch into a different gig with zero penalty.

20 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Nothing about James' move specifically sends this message, IMO.  That statement probably belongs under the bigger umbrella of the transfer portal and COVID waivers.  All of this movement is making our head spin.

Also might be interesting to see how the top tier/blue bloods are being impacted too (If at all).  I have a feeling this isn't really about student-athletes "stepping up" from the low/mid tier programs; more-so, them just taking advantage of this free pass from the NCAA to hop scotch into a different gig with zero penalty.

Agree.

Want to accuse Mo Gibson of this?  Okay.  But Reese is different.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

283525CE-0B9C-4141-B9AD-7BDF0E1C40D2.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is Reece going to be a grad transfer? I could have sworn he just walked by me in a cap and gown at the UNT graduation

revisting this an hour later - it was him! He did graduate, per his Instagram. 

Edited by denton_days
  • Upvote 3
  • Ray 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 11:08 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Reese was so nice to me and a lot of the fans. Fantastic player, and should be a good piece to a struggling South Carolina squad.

I happened to look at the SC boards, and they don’t seem to happy. Brune went after them!

He doesn’t jump off the stat sheet, but is a fantastic fit. Will be missed tremendously 

Glad he could prove all them on the board wrong 😁

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1