James Reese has committed to South Carolina

9 minutes ago, keith said:

Congrats James!  Remember, once a member of the Mean Green family, always a member!  Of course we expect you to wear a UNT t-shirt under your uniform...that's part of the deal.  Go win another championship!

Wish him well, but sadly when they move on, if they move up, were not usually mentioned

image.png.8d6b732057388827ba52b0430d87c689.png

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

Reese was so nice to me and a lot of the fans. Fantastic player, and should be a good piece to a struggling South Carolina squad.

I happened to look at the SC boards, and they don’t seem to happy. Brune went after them!

He doesn’t jump off the stat sheet, but is a fantastic fit. Will be missed tremendously 

• Upvote 5

This is happening all across college basketball and this horse ain’t coming back into the barn...the transfer portal will basically look like a job posting site. Guys from Mid majors will move up to the big schools to show off their skills, while guys at the big schools will Move down to the mid majors for a new chance to play more.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, outoftown said:

Can't root against him.

But afraid of the message it sends to recruits: i.e. looking at NT as a stepping stone to go to bigger programs. Also worried that this is now the new reality. Makes it hard to get excited about any program other than those at the very top.

Yes exactly and why do we always have to be the nice guys about things?  They have used us and our goodwill and leave us when they could bring the most value.  It’s not right and I do not accept it.  Never will.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

The ability to transfer has always been there.  This is the one season where they are able to transfer and not sit, so I don't hold anything against him.  Now, if the NCAA passes this new "no sit, transfer once" idea, then yes, this could become a mess.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The ability to transfer has always been there.  This is the one season where they are able to transfer and not sit, so I don't hold anything against him.  Now, if the NCAA passes this new "no sit, transfer once" idea, then yes, this could become a mess.

It has essentially already passed. That’s how Jacob Farrell was able to play in the bowl game for us, and how Umoja Gibson was able to play for OU this season. The NCAA started proactively operating with that being the new norm months ago, first by implementing a blanket waiver. This is just a formality at this point.

From back in December:

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-grants-waiver-allow-transfer-student-athletes-compete-immediately

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Yes exactly and why do we always have to be the nice guys about things?  They have used us and our goodwill and leave us when they could bring the most value.  It’s not right and I do not accept it.  Never will.

Bingo! It also teachers these young men that when they don’t like things they can just pack up and leave. It doesn’t teach responsibility or leading an honorable life. It only feeds into the my life is about me and I determine my path selfish attitudes coming out lately. Sports is becoming an idol and they are taught young it’s all about them and they don’t have to honor authority, commitments, or anything else. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7