DRC: UNT pitcher Hope Trautwein basking in glory of historic performance

Brett Vito

19 hours ago, Rock said:

I have not logged in for a long long time, yet I have been reading this forum since it started.  Following the ones prior to that actually.   I dont post very often yet this one is truly an amazing accomplishment.    This is the first of its kind in NCAA history .. not just C-USA, not just for North Texas.  Definitely read the ESPN story along with others.   North Texas has been in the public a lot this year .... and this is a fantastic example as to why.   

Like Deep Green said this feat is remarkable no matter what level it would be played.

️ Anyone know when these Mean Green Ladies next home game is?  They deserve an SRO crowd for it no matter when it is. 

147D5B53-CFFA-46AC-BDF5-DACAB37A17FD.jpeg.3d2acecf60ea6adcc2eaeeb8d5573fb9.jpegB9C052C6-4394-4616-B7C6-CD1E5B5016F1.jpeg.1820f56540bee30ef0b9f166f7857af4.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

On 4/13/2021 at 4:24 PM, PlummMeanGreen said:

Like Deep Green said this feat is remarkable no matter what level it would be played.

️ Anyone know when these Mean Green Ladies next home game is?  They deserve an SRO crowd for it no matter when it is. 

Like the idea ... but guess not.  See attached snip from the UNT website.  Thanks a lot Bin Laden ...

image.png.f5479c1d953237e9d2e9422ce21772e1.png

Saw UNT’s Hope Trautwein on ABC (National) News & ABC Channel 8 Sports yesterday—3 days after her record-breaking Sunday afternoon.  
The Channel 8 weatherman seemed miffed that UNT was getting all this air time with his “does everything revolve around UNT” comment.  (Wonder where he went to schoo)?🤔

Nevertheless—❇️👍❇️ GOMEANGREEN!

• Upvote 2

On 4/15/2021 at 9:51 AM, SilverEagle said:

Isn't this typical for the ST. They initially give us a front page story, but the writer of the story appears to be a stringer. 

However! When it's a negative twist, they bring in their first string.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article250666074.html

And then, SilverEagle, you have the WBAP 😈TCU Good Time Hour morning show crew.  They gave the Hope Trautwein & UNT story all of about 10 seconds on Monday.  Someone needs to tell Hal Jay he’s lost about 3 steps & (worse) can no longer do his signature croup’y  laugh. 🙄

❇️🦅❇️

985541CF-48EC-4F94-861D-41C513D979CE.jpeg.dd20501bf157f576caa77da39c0c3aab.jpeg

• Eye Roll 1

Did not APB sign for and play the games?  Don't claim poor me when no one forced you to sign the game. Making excuses when your team did not hit one fair ball in a game, is very suspect.

APB is a very small college of about 3000, and frankly has no business playing D1 schools.   However, that is key to financing their program.  

I thought it odd, that NT even played there.  

Don't see coaches publicly criticize the umpires often.  .

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Did not APB sign for and play the games?  Don't claim poor me when no one forced you to sign the game. Making excuses when your team did not hit one fair ball in a game, is very suspect.

APB is a very small college of about 3000, and frankly has no business playing D1 schools.   However, that is key to financing their program.  

And it's not like Hope hasn't mowed down opponents for her entire career so far.   This is her 3rd No-Hitter wearing Mean Green!   She obviously didn't need any help.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

To those confused per emoji, why not explain what you are confused about.  I see nothing that could be confusing in this post, please advise and I will attempt to explain.  

• Upvote 1