DRC: UNT loses commit Da’Kquan Davis

Brett Vito

14 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

It’s hard to imagine a scholarship was ever officially offered to a dude who was not actually in the transfer portal. 

The transfer portal is only a requirement for NCAA D1 athletes. Arcadia is like DIII. Not even sure he was on scholarship there. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cooley said:

The transfer portal is only a requirement for NCAA D1 athletes. Arcadia is like DIII. Not even sure he was on scholarship there. 

That’s a good point. I wasn’t sure but my point was that I didn’t think we could legitimately recruit and offer guys who were actively on their current other NCAA teams. And yeah I always thought DIII did not offer scholarships. Either way just seems like a lot of hand wringing over guys who weren’t actually in our rotation or never clearly offered/signed.

• Downvote 2

Not sure what D3 or the transfer portal has do with whether he was offered a ship or not.  

I doubt he was offered anymore than a pwo.   However, he would have been an interesting player to watch.

Does not matter he is going elsewhere and McCasland has a lot of scholarships to award.  

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1