Terrence Lewis enters the portal

19 hours ago, Shark84 said:

Didn't seem to fit Coach Mac's system or style. Hope he finds a place he can play regular minutes. Opens up a spot for someone else. 

I agree and this is what I don't get.  Didn't they realize he didn't fit the system when they were recruiting him?

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Shark84 said:

Didn't seem to fit Coach Mac's system or style. Hope he finds a place he can play regular minutes. Opens up a spot for someone else. 

43 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree and this is what I don't get.  Didn't they realize he didn't fit the system when they were recruiting him?

What about his game indicates to you guys that it was a system incompatibility?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think McCasland probably invisioned him as a Bell type stretch four but he never seemed to be comfortable with his outside shot and not a great rebounder.  He was a main scoring threat in JC but couldn't create his own shot or athletic enough on the pick and roll in our offense. Not a knock on him, sometimes you don't know till you have them at practice whether they can adjust to a different style or system. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Shark 64 said:

I think McCasland probably invisioned him as a Bell type stretch four but he never seemed to be comfortable with his outside shot and not a great rebounder.  He was a main scoring threat in JC but couldn't create his own shot or athletic enough on the pick and roll in our offense. Not a knock on him, sometimes you don't know till you have them at practice whether they can adjust to a different style or system. 

Man, I hope he didn’t view him as a stretch four because he didn’t make a single three at his JUCO last year. But if Mccasland thought that then that’s definitely a compatibility issue.

I also think there may have been a compatibility issue with his athleticism. With Lewis juxtaposed against Bell, and even Robinson who jumped ahead of Lewis, the difference in athleticism really jumped out. It didn’t matter against the easy non-conference teams, which Lewis performed well against, but against tougher competition that lack of athleticism stood out. And having Lewis and Ousmane on the court was tough for that reason.

I wish Lewis well. I think he could be a really solid player in a low-major D1 conference.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...