• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

One Shining Moment montage

21 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I guess I'm an idiot, but I don't see how 4 seconds in a neat 3 minute montage is a huge deal.

Is "One Shining Moment" an annual tradition?

Getting on anything that is highly watched (and in the beginning) gives NT more publicity. Sure it isn’t a lot, but I’m glad that we are on it this year and many other outlets!

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I guess I'm an idiot, but I don't see how 4 seconds in a neat 3 minute montage is a huge deal.

Is "One Shining Moment" an annual tradition?

One Shining Moment is sort of like the Super Bowl MVP "I'm going to Disney World!" traditional spotlight of success. Think of it as the year's time capsule for that tournament. 

They try to include a spotlight shot of every team, but with 68 teams and only 190 seconds in the song... Sometimes your spotlight is your team getting dunked on or walking off the court crying. In 2010, I think we may have had a player or two visible in the background of closeups of K-State players. In 2007, I don't think we appeared at all. 

So, unless you're an Elite 8 team... You may get a glancing appearance or maybe nothing at all. But when something big happens (like the buzzer beater shot Ty Rogers hit for WKU back in 2008), you can get a little mini-spotlight. For us, to get a sequence of shots and a spotlight audio clip about how it's our first ever win is a nice little niche in this year's time capsule. That's not common for a team that gets knocked out in round 1 or 2 unless it's a crazy 15 or 16 seed upset that loses in round 2. 

It's not world-changing, but it's nice that we're a featured school. Especially for the sort of people that go back and watch those like highlight reels as the years go by. 

Prior to the UH-Baylor game they ran another one of these video collages & North Texas received more free marketing time.  In fact, one of the announcers called us “the Mean Green Fighting Machine.” It was music to most ears in the MG Nation. If I could have found that segment I would have already posted it. Maybe one of you can?

❇️🦅❇️GMG!