Men’s Roster As It Stands

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

The incoming freshman next year are gonna be playing an extremely important role. Hopefully guys like Stone and Scott among others are ready.

Mac has had a terrific past of getting freshman playing big roles, so I have confidence.

I agree that they are going to have to play an important role, but outside of Jones, I don't see Mac being terrific with freshmen.  Am I missing something there?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree that they are going to have to play an important role, but outside of Jones, I don't see Mac being terrific with freshmen.  Am I missing something there?

Agreed - I would like to bring in an experienced ballhandler and someone to play on the wing - pref. D1 junior transfers. Then if we have another scholly, maybe the best freshman available that we can get.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

The incoming freshman next year are gonna be playing an extremely important role. Hopefully guys like Stone and Scott among others are ready.

Mac has had a terrific past of getting freshman playing big roles, so I have confidence.

Mac has 3-5 ships yet to give.   I believe unless there is a great high schooler available, he will recruit transfers.

Mac seems to value experience more than anything, he does not play freshmen much.  Jones I believe is a second year player.  

Hopefully, the new freshmen will be so good that they play.  However, it is Mac tendency to go with jucos or graduate transfers. 

The one sure thing, is that he is a defense first coach and no one is going to get significant minutes unless they are good defensive players. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Mac has 3-5 ships yet to give.   I believe unless there is a great high schooler available, he will recruit transfers.

Mac seems to value experience more than anything, he does not play freshmen much.  Jones I believe is a second year player.  

Hopefully, the new freshmen will be so good that they play.  However, it is Mac tendency to go with jucos or graduate transfers. 

The one sure thing, is that he is a defense first coach and no one is going to get significant minutes unless they are good defensive players. 

Yeah I get what you’re saying and all but MAc is like what 60/40 on these types of deals?  Worries me that he has to hit on so many and lose his better players in the portal to boot (Reese).

I’m sorry, but the Portal must go unless the NCAA wants to create more recruiting scandals when schools start meeting secretly with stars from other schools & then start cherry-picking from said schools, specifically G5 schools. 
It was an NCAA bureaucrat’s  ill conceived idea that doesn’t teach loyalty to recruits original school in any form or fashion.  
If NCAA bureaucrats want to screw up a good thing let them go to Washington where they can do that all day long with we the taxpayer’s money.  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

43 minutes ago, meangreenacct said:

Agreed - I would like to bring in an experienced ballhandler and someone to play on the wing - pref. D1 junior transfers. Then if we have another scholly, maybe the best freshman available that we can get.

I think we will get another big so it’s not just Abou and Chrisdon Morgan on our roster. Looks like we’re going after them too.

Xavier Cork and Filip Rebraca

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

Do we know anything about a possible timeline on all this roster turnover?  I know deadlines are probably no different than previous seasons, but all this portal activity has my head spinning.

Would love to know when we can expect things to settle and dust to clear in Denton, America.

6 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Do we know anything about a possible timeline on all this roster turnover?  I know deadlines are probably no different than previous seasons, but all this portal activity has my head spinning.

Would love to know when we can expect things to settle and dust to clear in Denton, America.

Brune said he’s expecting closer to the end of the month for the dominos to start falling.

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/Update-on-North-Texas-Mean-Green-basketballs-roster-163952942/

For example, in 2019 we landed Javion Hamlet, James Reese, Deng Geu, and Thomas Bell all within a 2 or 3-day span at the very end of April. Reese and Hamlet committed together on April 28th and Geu and Bell committed on the 30th. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the dominos fall quickly once they start. Especially if these guys come in on visits together here in the next couple weeks or so.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2021 at 4:42 PM, PlummMeanGreen said:

I’m sorry, but the Portal must go unless the NCAA wants to create more recruiting scandals when schools start meeting secretly with stars from other schools & then start cherry-picking from said schools, specifically G5 schools. 
It was an NCAA bureaucrat’s  ill conceived idea that doesn’t teach loyalty to recruits original school in any form or fashion.  
If NCAA bureaucrats want to screw up a good thing let them go to Washington where they can do that all day long with we the taxpayer’s money.  

GMG!

Just as an FYI, the portal has been around since 2018.  Did we have a problem with it before the 2020 COVID rules?

https://www.ncaa.org/static/champion/what-the-ncaa-transfer-portal-is/

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 4/6/2021 at 11:42 AM, PlummMeanGreen said:

GMG!

Ignorant Arse backward logic

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6