Men’s Roster As It Stands

Here is a rundown of the roster, if everyone chooses to come back and with the signees and commit listed as well.

1 - FR Rubin Jones

2 - JR Mardrez McBride, SR JJ Murray

3 - FR Matthew Stone, FR Aaron Scott

4 - SR Thomas Bell, FR Mykell Robinson, SR Jahmiah Simmons

5 - FR Abou Ousmane, FR Chrisdon Morgan

We have three roster spots left if these players all stay on the roster, and we only carry the regular 13 scholarships next year. Have to think one goes to a PG. The other scholarship could go to an experienced Center.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Please don't say Murray is staying another year.

No clue but until we see him in the portal or making an announcement that he is not going to be returning, I’m assuming he is. Same for Jahmiah Simmons. 

Also, whatever happens, I really hope we have multiple seniors on next year’s roster so that we have some spots to use on the 2022 high school class. This is as much recruiting momentum as we have ever had and I like to think we could pull some elite high school recruits this summer after the run we just had.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Please don't say Murray is staying another year.

At this point I will welcome anyone back. He has 4 years of experience and a high IQ. I don’t like him starting but I think he brings a lot to the bench and can be a great mentor for our guys next year. We need some consistency and then next year we can shop the market. 
He also may benefit staying a year with his engineering  degree. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Kind of surprised that Lewis is leaving.  McCasland is going to have to churn that roster and find some immediate help.

Losing guys like Jalen Jackson and Terence Lewis, who were not rotation players come tournament time, helps by giving you spots to upgrade and get guys who can be rotation players.

• Upvote 6

50 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Okay.  Not sure how this applies to this topic.

They were talking at work about some coaches having issues with too many transfers and the ncaa investigating. When another player announced today someone came up to me and shared this article and takes about our teams situation. Thought it was interesting considering most people have been talking about all the transfers across the nation occurring. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

The incoming freshman next year are gonna be playing an extremely important role. Hopefully guys like Stone and Scott among others are ready.

Mac has had a terrific past of getting freshman playing big roles, so I have confidence.

Of the 10 guys we currently have, Scott and Stone are really the only wings. Unless you count Jones but he’s currently our only lead ball handler. Should be playing time opportunities for Scott and Stone.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Of the 10 guys we currently have, Scott and Stone are really the only wings. Unless you count Jones but he’s currently our only lead ball handler. Should be playing time opportunities for Scott and Stone.

What is McBride considered?