Basketball celebration

Marty

This is a great event, but the 15% capacity limit is ridiculous.  Why is the university being so restrictive when restaurants and other public venues are open with no restrictions.  Why not pick something like 25% or 50%?  I just don't get it.  They are doing the same at Lovelace for the softball games.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

This is a great event, but the 15% capacity limit is ridiculous.  Why is the university being so restrictive when restaurants and other public venues are open with no restrictions.  Why not pick something like 25% or 50%?  I just don't get it.  They are doing the same at Lovelace for the softball games.

Common sense? 
I addition to limiting their own liability, seems prudent to limit the exposure to the students who are part of a near 40k population that often spend time in enclosed areas and are a problematic population to keep from spreading the virus (partying, dorm rooms, etc). With the size of the Pit that is still over 1000 strangers interacting indoors. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Will Coach Mac be in attendance?  When coaches don't come out say I have no interest they have an interest.

"The celebration event will allow fans the opportunity to relive the thrill of the postseason and hear from vice president and director of athletics Wren Baker, head coach Grant McCasland and Mean Green men's basketball student-athletes. A livestream will be available from 7 – 7:30 p.m. on the Mean Green Sports Facebook page for fans unable to attend."

seems like Mac will be speaking.

• Upvote 1

I am curious how they are arriving at the 15% capacity.  Is that 15% based on seats or would they allow more considering it sounds like people can get down on the floor, etc...  Thinking about this, I would be thrilled if 1,500 people showed.  It should be much more, but I think many will stay away for two reasons.  1.  The continued fear of Covid and (2) thinking they will not be able to get in with the limited capacity.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

19 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Excuse me.  You left out Martin Luther.  

You're right - oops!

On 4/2/2021 at 10:26 AM, Marty said:

"Gates will open at 6 p.m. and entry will be available at gates A and B. Entry is free and open to the public"

Do me a favor, open the door, and let 'em in.

14 hours ago, Marty said:

How big a boy are you?

huh? I don't remember anything about Kip's Big Boy in that song.

• Haha 1