UPDATE ON TECH AND MCCASLAND

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Lots of money. 

Oh I agree with that, 100%. I was just trying to make the case that unless you are at a UNC, Duke, Kentucky type place, midmajors and P5s have an equal chance of getting to and advancing in the tourney.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The reality is that Mac is our coach until he isn’t. Unless you are June Jones, that’s how things are done. I wouldn’t read too much into anything. 

That is the feeling I get too. Beard went way worse before flipping to Texas. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CMJ said:

Name the last Mid Major to win the title.

Gonzaga is the favorite this year, but you have to basically go all the way back to UNLV to find one that has won the title.  Memphis and UMass got close, but Calipari was involved with both (and each went on probation after he left).

I mean, I feel like MMs at least have a fighting chance.  Every year they are in the convo and helping the model generate excitement/money.

In football you can go undefeated across two seasons and still not get postseason consideration.  It's like we are not even part of the FBS picture, even though we are part of the formal FBS definition.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Oh I agree with that, 100%. I was just trying to make the case that unless you are at a UNC, Duke, Kentucky type place, midmajors and P5s have an equal chance of getting to and advancing in the tourney.

Would be nice to see Gonzaga and U of H in the finals - The Power Conferences would probably demand a restructuring of the tournament 😈

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1