DRC: UNT has given McCasland a lot to work with. Will it be enough if Tech, OU come calling?

From what I can gather, Golding is the top candidate for Tech at this time and OU is between Mills at ORU and McCasland.  Side note I found interesting.  Johnny Jones has been mentioned as a potential target for Tech.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

From what I can gather, Golding is the top candidate for Tech at this time and OU is between Mills at ORU and McCasland.  Side note I found interesting.  Johnny Jones has been mentioned as a potential target for Tech.

ORU announced an 8 year extension for Mills earlier today. Not sure if it stops him from being a candidate or not

• Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

8 minutes ago, Cooley said:

It’s inconvenient when a coach chooses to leave on their own,  but it also shows growth of a program when there’s no agony. 

I mean, there's agony for basically everyone when a coach leaves.  I remember how the Kansas board blew up when Williams left for UNC.

• Upvote 1

If Grant does go, I wouldn't be surprised if the plan has been for Hodge to take over all along.   I do think consistency is important here.

Another option is Joe Golding at ACU.   If Tech can purge a top CUSA coach, UNT can purge a top Southland coach.   I love the defense that ACU showed in the tourney.

Edited by akriesman

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Would rather have a proven successful head coach like Grant had been . Would go after Kyler or Mills.

I hear you, but Grant had one (1) year of D1 experience when we hired him away from ArkSt.  Prior to that it was a couple years at D2 and several at JUCO.

Hodge has learned under Grant and other good coaches, plus has been a JUCO head coach.

Before joining Eustachy at Southern Miss, Hodge compiled a record of 146-24 in head coaching stints at Midland Junior College (2009-11) and Paris Junior College (2006-09). In his two-year stint with Midland College, Hodge guided the Chaparrals to an impressive 63-7 (.900) record...

Hodge coached for four years at Paris Junior College, the last three as head coach. In those three seasons, Hodge led the Dragons to an 83-17 (.830). The Dragons won two Texas Eastern Athletic Conference regular-season championships...

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

10 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Would rather have a proven successful head coach like Grant had been . Would go after Kyler or Mills.

And you know Wren has a short list of qualified candidates. 

In Wren we trust!

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Would we bring Johnny back?

Should at least consider it. Even if you take the NT connections out, his cv would say that he would be a good hire. But I doubt it. Wren seems to be more drawn to younger coaches whomade the jump, but are not too long into their first HC job.

• Upvote 1