Texas Tech brother in law claiming

I’m calling it now—so the opposite will probably happen—but Beard stays at Texas Tech and Texas ends up hiring Royal Ivey, former player and popular with the teams that Barnes had that were very good. And OU will hire the ORU coach who was an assistant under Drew at Baylor. And that should cover us for a while around here.

GMac is here at least for another year and builds us into a very good squad by year’s end.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Notice how when good things happen at North Texas how freakin’ fatalistic we become?  Maybe we don’t deserve more at North Texas. We seem to will that we never do better. 

When Bill Yeoman & Guy Lewis started their run of success at UH I can’t ever remember similar attitudes in Coog Country & now look at them 50 years later?  

I think Coach Mac will not be a 1 hit wonder in Denton.  I just don’t.  It just doesn’t seem to be about America’s 2 gods with him; that is,  M-O-N-E-Y & P-O-W-E-R.   (Glad our national politicians aren’t that way).🙄🤬

❇️🦅❇️ Still Green After All These Years In Spite of Us.  

A Tip:  Want to be personna non grata among your own?  Be Conservative & be Opionionated & then watch all the spineless quail scatter. 👀

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I'd assume Tech will hire from within or go hard for ACU's coach now...what a weird decision by Beard. Leaves a program he built up from nowhere and gets more support than UT gets for hoops. I just don't know if this works out for Beard like he thinks it might...

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I'd assume Tech will hire from within or go hard for ACU's coach now...what a weird decision by Beard. Leaves a program he built up from nowhere and gets more support than UT gets for hoops. I just don't know if this works out for Beard like he thinks it might...

I suppose it's plausible that Tech could hire from within, but here's my thought: It has got to sting for them to lose a head coach to a conference mate, and an internal hire might not make a big enough splash to appease their wounded alums.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

He and another Tech fan are claiming that tomorrow UT will announce the Beard hiring and Tech will announce McCasland.  Can anyone confirm or deny?

I thought this was a joke. Then my coworker from Tech said the same thing... and now I’m just waiting on the second part 😕 please be half true haha.

Also the same person wanted Mac and Jones at tech. Please don’t do it!

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

I thought this was a joke. Then my coworker from Tech said the same thing... and now I’m just waiting on the second part 😕 please be half true haha.

Also the same person wanted Mac and Jones at tech. Please don’t do it!

The word has been out for a while. Question is how far along is Tech, given that they have probably known for a while that Beard was gone.

• Upvote 1