DRC: UNT added Southlake Carroll S Cinque Williams, thanks largely to former QB, Carroll coach Riley Dodge

https://247sports.com/player/cinque-williams-46077040/

3* (82 rating)
Has a Hawaii offer and some FCS.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/14327138/5e4edb936e810c09bcaa7c59

His speed is an optical illusion.  He's got long lumbering strides that make him look slow... but he's going by all these dudes in his highlights!

Welcome aboard Cinque! 

• Upvote 3

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: UNT added Southlake Carroll S Cinque Williams, thanks largely to former QB, Carroll coach Riley Dodge
1 hour ago, meangreen11 said:

Looks solid but with players from Carroll you wonder if it is a stepping stone.

You would think that about any signees from Carroll?

IMO, that is concern doesn't have much to do with what HS they are from.  A combination, rather, of their character, the people surrounding them, and what recruiters are whispering in their ear.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Glad to see Riley reaching out to NT coaches!   Hope he feels no ill will toward NT as most of us really like him & what he did while he was here.

Since McCarney and co are gone, I am sure he doesn't have any bad feelings towards us.

On 3/30/2021 at 1:44 PM, meangreen11 said:

Looks solid but with players from Carroll you wonder if it is a stepping stone.

What I've noticed is that solid players from good schools want to play. If they don't see the prospect of playing time, often they do leave. This guy has enough skills to find a place for him. I want to see what he does on the field in 2021.

• Upvote 2

• 7 months later...

I don't get these freshmen entering the portal so early.  Then again, you never really know why they choose to leave unless they share that information, and even then, it doesn't tell the whole story.  Was he unhappy with where he was on the depth chart?  Was he "encouraged" to look elsewhere?  Where we just not a good fit?  Was he tired of wearing green?  We will never know the real answer.  I wish him well, but as I stated above, he is replaceable.

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

This kid was a late add to our last class and has been in the portal for a long time.  He is not irreplaceable. 

This and the Cage loss is a reflection on the perception of UNT football. This is more concerning to me then the actual players. I’m still waiting for the stud signees from the portal that has been stated has the strategy.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

24 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

This and the Cage loss is a reflection on the perception of UNT football. This is more concerning to me then the actual players. I’m still waiting for the stud signees from the portal that has been stated has the strategy.

What are you seeing?  I've been watching the players entering the portal and haven't felt any kind of "sky is falling" vibe from them and the majority of our roster.  Maybe I am missing something.  One or two players not liking things seems pretty on par with what most programs are going through.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, greenminer said:

What are you seeing?  I've been watching the players entering the portal and haven't felt any kind of "sky is falling" vibe from them and the majority of our roster.  Maybe I am missing something.  One or two players not liking things seems pretty on par with what most programs are going through.

I'm not talking about players leaving, but studs from the transfer portal signing.  Cage would of been a good get, with 6 spaces open I hope they are at the level of a Bush was when he committed.

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Tommy … that level!

So anything below a 4 star- .9200 rated player is not acceptable but you are upset over losing low three star players with one other FBS offer? I don’t get it. 

Now I would love all of our portal signees to meet this criteria, but is that realistic?  Also, if Bush is your benchmark, why are you upset over us losing Williams and missing out on Cage?