DRC: UNT has finalized deals with McCasland, Mitchell, is considering revisiting McCasland's deal

Brett Vito

12 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

I am confused. I am assuming all the talk about Grant leaving is that this new contract would get bought out?

Why would he sign an extension just to turn around and leave less than 2 weeks later? Am I missing something?

BigWillie's Current Employer:   "Hi BigWillie, come in & have a seat!    Look, you've been really exceeding our expectations and we'd like to give you a big raise!  What do you think?"

...of course, your answer would be?

[1 WEEK LATER]

A more-prestigious Company's Recruiter:  "Hi BigWillie, we've heard all about what you've done at XYZ-corp, and you sound like someone we'd like to have in that same role at our company.    We'd like to hire you ASAP and we're willing to quadruple your current salary.   What do you think?"

... of course, your answer would be?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Plus it resets his buyout right? So if tech does come calling they will have to pay even more to get him out of our contract.

And since Texas has to give them four million for stealing their coach away and they would definitely not pay Grant five million like Beard, they will be flush with cash for a buyout.