Aston to UTSA

48 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I can't stress enough how much I want Jalie to succeed here, but if she can't get our program squared away, I would welcome Aston back in a heartbeat.

I think slowly but surely she's on the right track. Would've honestly loved to see her in an assistant's role last year for us. 

51 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Like UT

Lol UT just paid big bucks to hire the coach from Miss State. I am surprised Tech went in-house instead of hiring Aston.

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Doubt it will be UT but someone like that 

2 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

Lol UT just paid big bucks to hire the coach from Miss State. I am surprised Tech went in-house instead of hiring Aston.

You do realize she was fired from UT just last year.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I can't stress enough how much I want Jalie to succeed here, but if she can't get our program squared away, I would welcome Aston back in a heartbeat.

Yeah, if Jalie doesn’t work out, and Aston wants to challenge herself by getting back into D1 coaching she’d accept an offer from us

• Haha 2

Mccasland may be somewhat close, but I’ve never seen a coach at NT that hates losing as much as Karen Aston. In any sport. I think Mitchell has things headed in the right direction, and we need to be supporting her (a fellow alum) and her team as much as we can. With that said if the NT job happened to be open because Jalie moved on or otherwise, Aston would be my first call. 

She wasn’t even unsuccessful at Texas. 93-51 record in Big 12 play. 

• Upvote 3

93-51 and Texas cut her loose.  At North Texas, a record like that would get a building named for her.  At Texas, you get a pink slip.

I recall she took the North Texas job to be closer to her mother.  Then to Austin and now to SA.  Maybe her mom moved.  

Great hire for UTSA

Edited by greenjoe
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

93-51 and Texas cut her loose.  At North Texas, a record like that would get a building named for her.  At Texas, you get a pink slip.

I recall she took the North Texas job to be closer to her mother.  Then to Austin and now to SA.  Maybe her mom moved.  

Great hire for UTSA

Closer to home than Charlotte. 

6 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Great hire for UTSA

She went to UT because she stated it was her dream job.

I remember because Jones and her left about the same time.  Both with the same reason for leaving.  Could not blame either one, offers to coach at UT and LSU don't come often to NT head coaches. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

She went to UT because she stated it was her dream job.

I remember because Jones and her left about the same time.  Both with the same reason for leaving.  Could not blame either one, offers to coach at UT and LSU don't come often to NT head coaches. 

Jones had been here 11 years. He earned the right to cut out

• Upvote 1