KU football lands a QB transfer from C-USA school. He could start Game 1 for Jayhawks

meangreen11

7 hours ago, UNT18Grad said:

They can waive that type of stuff for football players.  Also a strange implication that his parents could not afford to help their son go to school to pursue his dreams for that cost.

They can not waive tuition for an athlete, that would be called a scholarship. 

Strange implication that his parent could not afford $30k to $40k to sent their son to college.  No it is far from strange, the vast majority of families could not afford that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2021 at 2:08 PM, GrandGreen said:

They can not waive tuition for an athlete, that would be called a scholarship. 

Strange implication that his parent could not afford $30k to $40k to sent their son to college.  No it is far from strange, the vast majority of families could not afford that. 

no , but they can wave out of state tuition costs

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

5 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

no , but they can wave out of state tuition costs

I doubt they could do it for athletes, NCAA might have big problems with that. 

The beginning of this discussion was related to whether Bean was a walk on or on ship.

My point was I doubted he will be a walk on and pay out of state tuition at Kansas.  

To me he was obviously going to be on scholarship which is reported to be the case. 

• Upvote 1

Jason Bean went through the transfer portal so I have no doubt that Kansas is giving him a scholarship.  Based on last year's quarterback he would be a strong candidate to start.  Last year Bean ranked 32nd in passing rating and Howard (last year quarterback at KU) ranked 95.  I realize that P5 defensive backs are much tougher to throw against than G5s but that's still a big difference.  Lifer and Wag Tag I think nailed his two worse faults.  He is not a team player.  If he is not in the game he becomes disinterested; moping around on the sidelines instead of cheering on whoever is quarterback.  His other fault as I see it is arm strength.  He is more of a thrower than passer.  He puts too much air under his long throws.  P5 DBs will have time to recover even if the receiver beats him.  He did improve last year and was not far behind Aune (26th) in passing rating. He has the better running ability of any of our quarterbacks and may be just what Kansas needs.  At least, he appears to be the best of what they have. 

• Upvote 6