Jacob Farrell - Any News?

38 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

What all this interest in Farrell?  Didn't he leave the NT program over a year ago?  

No. He committed in August, was not eligible all season, ncaa randomly said everyone was, he played in the bowl game for like the first quarter, got an injury, then things happen and he is off the team. Hoping and thinking we see a return soon

11 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

No. He committed in August, was not eligible all season, ncaa randomly said everyone was, he played in the bowl game for like the first quarter, got an injury, then things happen and he is off the team. Hoping and thinking we see a return soon

He played one game and left the program like I stated.  

Have never seem any indication that he wanted to return to NT.  So again I wonder why this keeps coming up. 

• Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

He played one game and left the program like I stated.  

Have never seem any indication that he wanted to return to NT.  So again I wonder why this keeps coming up. 

you also stated "over a year ago."

The bowl game was in December, so he's still fresh on everyone's mind...even if the contribution wasn't much.  It's not like he left Denton 12+ months ago.

• Upvote 2

He was "released" from Okie St. for an off the field issue, if memory serves me correct, and now this.  Seems like the  young man needs to take care of some things personally.  I wish him the best and don't expect to see him back.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, greenminer said:

you also stated "over a year ago."

The bowl game was in December, so he's still fresh on everyone's mind...even if the contribution wasn't much.  It's not like he left Denton 12+ months ago.

I stand corrected.

However, the main point remains.   He played one game and is gone with no explanation after a mysterious exist from OSU. 

Being he is not listed in the roster and apparently did not take part in spring training, I don't understand the interest.

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

I stand corrected.

However, the main point remains.   He played one game and is gone with no explanation after a mysterious exist from OSU. 

Being he is not listed in the roster and apparently did not take part in spring training, I don't understand the interest.

He’s a good player, is why we have interest. The OL needs a guy like him, but he seems to have other problems. I have optimism we see him back at some point in his career.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Who did he replace in the starting lineup for the bowl game?

Technically RG Daizion Carroll, although Farrell played LT. They moved Carroll out of the starting lineup, then bumped Gray from LG to RG, then Cole Brown from LT to LG, to put Farrell at LT. As soon as he became eligible. They shifted the line around to put him at arguably the most important OL position, which indicates they thought very highly of him. 

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 10:03 AM, UNTLifer said:

He was "released" from Okie St. for an off the field issue, if memory serves me correct, and now this.  Seems like the  young man needs to take care of some things personally.  I wish him the best and don't expect to see him back.

Officially, both Farrell and Bray were released "for violation of team rules".  Bray went to Tulsa and as far as I know will start for Tulsa this fall.  I don't think either tackle committed anything super serious.  It looks like Bray has moved on and I hope that Farrell will do the same.  Broesch is his coach and I hope that he can help him.  I also wish him the best whether he returns or not.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Wow we just lost a starting tackle to the portal!  Can you say OUCH?

I don’t think we were counting on him as our starting tackle. This has been in the works for months. He started the bowl game and that is it. Did you notice a big difference with him in?  

Not sure what is going on with him, but for his sake, I hope he gets things squared away. 

• Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

This has been in the works for months. He started the bowl game and that is it. Did you notice a big difference with him in?  

May or may not have been evident in the game, but his post-injury contribution in practice was obviously enough to compel SL to start him come bowl game.  I think that's worth noting, assuming how much SL wants to win a bowl game.

It may have been a "a hell, let's give the guy a shot! It's just one game" scenario, but I doubt that.

• Upvote 2

It’s a pretty bad story. Just not very smart off the field, and it’s costed him twice.

He’s a nice dude for sure, but other didn’t think so. I would bet he gets picked up somewhere down the line because he is so dang talented. Shame that it came to this

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

• 10 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 1:54 PM, denton_days said:

I know the odds of us knowing what went down are slim to none, but I am DYING to know. What a weird story. 

He was released from Oklahoma State because him and Bray had a number of violations including shoplifting and destroying school property. The final straw was when Bray and Jacob tested positive for Covid and proceeded to lick other players door knobs in a game they called "infection. " They even licked their debit card and filmed themselves giving it to various waitresses around town.  With NT, he posted inflammatory racist comments regarding members of the team. Jacob is completely worthless and now has a girl pregnant.  NT was fortunate to get rid of him.

Edited by NTFan4ever
spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Sad 2
  • Oh Boy! 3