Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Recommended Posts

Grant McCasland, North Texas 

McCasland led the Mean Green to the Conference USA Tournament title and a first-round upset of Purdue with innovative defensive schemes that slowed down Western Kentucky’s Charles Bassey and the Boilermakers’ Trevion Williams. He is a former Baylor assistant and spent one year at Arkansas State before taking the UNT job, where his first three teams won 20 games and his fourth, this season, advanced to the NCAA round of 32.

read more:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-basketball/news/texas-candidates-to-replace-shaka-smart-marquette/1bpoij2k8swxx12xifepz0163v

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Don't think GM will leave, but I can believe his agent will try and take advantage and work on a new package for him. If not, he needs a new agent.

Neither do I (& hope he doesn’t leave us now)) but if he did it’s easy to see the applicants who’d want the UNT basketball  job will be impressive as ever.  (Stay, Grant—we don’t want to be looking now).😫

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

From OU Insider.  We all know that Grant is a hot name.  But, when an  OU person is concerned about McCasland moving on to something even bigger than OU, that really says something.    

"The case against McCasland: How long would the Oklahoma job hold its luster for McCasland? He’s one of the hottest names on the coaching circuit as it is, and if he were to log a couple of successful years in Norman, he’d almost certainly become a target for one of college basketball’s blue bloods — or even an NBA franchise. The Sooners may unwittingly bargain for a lifer and end up with a stopgap by bringing on McCasland."

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, akriesman said:

From OU Insider.  We all know that Grant is a hot name.  But, when an  OU person is concerned about McCasland moving on to something even bigger than OU, that really says something.    

"The case against McCasland: How long would the Oklahoma job hold its luster for McCasland? He’s one of the hottest names on the coaching circuit as it is, and if he were to log a couple of successful years in Norman, he’d almost certainly become a target for one of college basketball’s blue bloods — or even an NBA franchise. The Sooners may unwittingly bargain for a lifer and end up with a stopgap by bringing on McCasland."

 

 

True, but they really want Jones up in Norman. Hard to turn down the package of Mac and Jones with 4 years left. Of course it would be hilarious to see Gibson who fled Mac be stuck with him haha. 

  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ttunt1970 said:

The guard Ruben Jones

I just assumed they were playing dumb or never watched the team or talked to Amy other fan bases, or went online and did any research.... yes Ruben Jones. 
 

they took a look at him in high school but no offer. Pretty sure Tulsa offered. His stock is up. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Andrew said:

True, but they really want Jones up in Norman. Hard to turn down the package of Mac and Jones with 4 years left. Of course it would be hilarious to see Gibson who fled Mac be stuck with him haha. 

image.gif.e0aabe98c7e4a8480c4c11fd5ca9df26.gif

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I just assumed they were playing dumb or never watched the team or talked to Amy other fan bases, or went online and did any research.... yes Ruben Jones. 
 

they took a look at him in high school but no offer. Pretty sure Tulsa offered. His stock is up. 

You know Andrew’s research is spot on when he doesn’t even spell the player’s name correctly.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I just assumed they were playing dumb or never watched the team or talked to Amy other fan bases, or went online and did any research.... yes Ruben Jones. 
 

they took a look at him in high school but no offer. Pretty sure Tulsa offered. His stock is up. 

If they do take Mac and Jones as a package deal, how many minutes should Jones rest per game?  

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2021 at 7:01 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

 McCasland is not leaving here for Texas, and I will be in this mode until something happens.

I am in complete denial until proven that he is the legit canidate

Texas being Texas wants a bigger name

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Honest Q: how come you never hear about Texas going after - say - Mark Few of Gonzaga?

Feel free to chime in @CMJ

why would Few take a step down to be the UT Coach?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Few used to routinely come up in coaching searches back in the 00's.  I think around 2010 all the Power league schools finally realized he was never leaving Spokane.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.