Just Accept The Award And Get Off The Stage

On 3/27/2021 at 7:09 AM, Censored by Laurie said:

19-year old absolute genius mega-talent displays humility and recognition of racial bias in her industry and three old white dudes want to criticize...why?

Thanks for bringing racism and ageism into the discussion.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3

On 3/27/2021 at 12:27 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Shame on them for having an opinion that was not pre approved by you. Also, why does their skin color and age matter? 

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Thanks for bringing racism and ageism into the discussion.  

do you really want to do a demographic break down on the "shut up and sing", "shut up and act", "shut up and dribble" crowd? because...

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

do you really want to do a demographic break down on the "shut up and sing", "shut up and act", "shut up and dribble" crowd? because...

Sure, I can't wait to be "woke" and am trying to determine what other "ism" you can work into your discussion.  I probably won't respond since I tend to get time out from the board, but you feel free to go right ahead.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

4 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I'm not familiar with Megan Thee Stallion, but how embarrassing for her...she doesn't win, then gets patted on the head in front of everyone like a kindergartner. Or maybe she's thankful Billy Eilish is there to hold her hand? She's a professional so I hope not...

Yeah.  At this point, it's old schtick, because it's the second year in a row she's done this.  I mean, I admire her modesty, I guess, but the award is subjective, and to me it rings false.  Just stay home next time if you don't want to be honored.  But, I guess she thinks she's sticking it to the Grammy's.  I think she's just embarrassing the also-rans, and grabbing more headlines.  Possibly unintentionally.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 4/6/2021 at 2:15 PM, LongJim said:

Yeah.  At this point, it's old schtick, because it's the second year in a row she's done this.  I mean, I admire her modesty, I guess, but the award is subjective, and to me it rings false.  Just stay home next time if you don't want to be honored.  But, I guess she thinks she's sticking it to the Grammy's.  I think she's just embarrassing the also-rans, and grabbing more headlines.  Possibly unintentionally.

But then again, who gives a rats ass?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1