CUSA Player Movement

BillySee58

Hoping we can use this thread as a catch to keep up with players transferring, declaring, or transferring to the other teams in CUSA. Marshall off to a bit of a rough start. If Kinsey leaves for the draft that’s 3 of their top 4 scorers gone, and Kinsey is being projected as a first round pick.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

The thing about Kinsey is he has length and can jump out of the gym.  I honestly don't think people appreciate Hamlet until you see him play.  He has such a patience about him and an odd rhythm to his game that it takes a little getting used to.  I know if took me some time.  Sadly, I am now going to miss him.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Good info. UAB has lost quite a few so looks like they’re using the portal to fill those spots. Also picked up KJ Buffen from Ole Miss.

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

This portal transfer crap is going to turn G5 into something tantamount to the old MLB farm team system. Anyone don’t think there will be some P5’s recruiting these kids? The whole thing sucks

It’s just this one year they get a free pass correct? That is what we were under the impression of when discussing this at work. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Not surprised. Stans, when you really look at it, is hurting the program more than helping. Outstanding recruiter, mediocre coach. WKU are fed up with him, and I don’t blame them considering the amount of talent they’ve had over the past few years and never winning anything of importance.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

The portal is out of control. it has double the players in it from last year.

Consider this COVID stuff a forced social experiment, allowing us to see what it would be like if student-athletes had complete freedom to transfer without any regulation.

• Upvote 1

Jarrod West, starting PG at Marshall, is in the portal and it is reported that he is deciding between Ohio State, Pitt and Louisville.  Kind of shocked that he has those three to decide between.

https://247sports.com/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Pittsburgh-Louisville-Ohio-State-Jarrod-West-163307628/

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I was reading that Lincoln Riley won’t release a QB to TCU because it’s the same conference and coaches and ads don’t like that.

Isn’t UT trying to higher Tech’s coach?

So schools can hire whoever they want and pay them what they want but players have to be loyal and be happy with their scholarship?

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Jarrod West, starting PG at Marshall, is in the portal and it is reported that he is deciding between Ohio State, Pitt and Louisville.  Kind of shocked that he has those three to decide between.

https://247sports.com/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Pittsburgh-Louisville-Ohio-State-Jarrod-West-163307628/

The lesson to be learned from the movement now that players don’t have to sit out a season is that if you are a solid starter at a G5/Mid-Major player then there will be P5/High-Major schools that think you can be at least close to that with them. 

1 hour ago, RiseUNT said:

I was reading that Lincoln Riley won’t release a QB to TCU because it’s the same conference and coaches and ads don’t like that.

Isn’t UT trying to higher Tech’s coach?

So schools can hire whoever they want and pay them what they want but players have to be loyal and be happy with their scholarship?

Riley was commenting on Chandler Morris who has already signed with TCU.

2 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

But OU hasn’t released him yet the article said. 

Wow, I didn't realize that.  Funny how they object when it is perceived to hurt them, but don't give a damn otherwise.  Falls on deaf ears.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahoma-coach-lincoln-riley-defends-stance-in-delaying-transfer-qb-chandler-morris-being-released-to-tcu/

On 3/30/2021 at 11:52 AM, UNTLifer said:

Wow, I didn't realize that.  Funny how they object when it is perceived to hurt them, but don't give a damn otherwise.  Falls on deaf ears.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oklahoma-coach-lincoln-riley-defends-stance-in-delaying-transfer-qb-chandler-morris-being-released-to-tcu/

Wonder if his Dad being the HC at OU’s favorite school to recruit from might change Riley’s tune.