No jambalaya.

Rags for clothes and towels for hats. Constant wailing from the guy

next-door because he's sick and there are no doctors. Constant wailing

from the guy in the tower. More than one wife. You can't shave. Your

wives can't shave. You can't shower to wash off the smell of donkey

cooked over burning camel dung. The women have to wear baggy dresses

and veils at all times. Your bride is picked by someone else. She

smells just like your donkey. But your donkey has a better

disposition. Then they tell you that when you die it all gets better!

I mean, really, is there a mystery here?

ph34r.gif

Please delete this thread. If I were to make disparaging remarks about christianity (and I could) I'd be lambasted and kicked off this board. Don't get me wrong. I see the humor. Part of me thinks it's funny. But many of my muslim friends do not agree.

I'm not going there b/c I like posting on this board. But there has been a lot of carnage done in the name of christianity. Concerning Reagan ... I'm trying to have respect for the dead. At least for a mourning period. We can debate Reagan once some of the sorrow has passed.

Please delete this thread.  If I were to make disparaging remarks about christianity (and I could) I'd be lambasted and kicked off this board.  Don't get me wrong.  I see the humor.  Part of me thinks it's funny.  But many of my muslim friends do not agree.

EagleD, not to get into a pissing contest here, but the thread starts out with "muslim terrorists". These are the fanatics that killed over 3,000 Americans on Sept. 11, 2001. Remember that?? Too many people in this country have already forgetten. I am in no way brush stroking all Muslims. Terrorists, whether Muslim or Christian, have no place in my heart and if I choose to joke about them, so be it. It's not about the good Muslim population of the world, only the fanatic muslim terrorists that want to kill Americans, Jews, and any other religion or ethnic group that stands in the way of their beliefs.

F@#K political correctness. I am an overweight, balding, two generations removed from white trash, river floating, beer guzzling redneck Texan. C'mon people lets have a thick skin, and look at the way things are. Quit ignoring all of the elephants in the room because we are afraid of hurting some "feelings".

Sticks and stones can break my a$$, but slurs will never hurt me.

Deep,

So noted.  I still find the joke a bit offensive, but I understand your point of view.  What else can we talk about?  Hey that abortion topic hasn't reared it's ugly head in a while.

And a late, great president once said about abortion and I paraphrase: "Seems the only ones talking about abortion are the living." blink.gif

Of course, I don't have to talk about religion or politics to piss off some ultra-sensitives posters/readers/lurkers/trolls who may need to consider another hobby other than college smack boards. I don't understand posters who dwell on other posters instead of sport topics.

What I sometimes don't like about our country's leadership is how they sometimes legislate things as to where we have to bow to minority will (not taking race here either); and at the majority's expense.

If I live in Vatican City, I pretty darn well better respect the Catholic church whether I'm of that faith or not. I surely would not call Catholics the infidel and expect to be a very popular person in Vatican City.

And as Forrest Gump said: "That's all I'm going to say about that."

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Well Plummer,

It seems the only people talking at all are the living, unless you have some type of communication to the after life. And if you do, can you ask my Uncle Breezy where he hid that damn treasure. It sure would be a nice start to the stadium funding campaign.