Coach Mac on 105.3 The Fan

Big Z

36 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

At the end of the day, we gotta look in the mirror, and I gotta start with myself.  I thought the effort was there & we had a good week of preparation.    The other team played well in all 3 phases of the game & we had turnovers and gave up a bunch of explosive plays on defense.  We gotta go back to the drawing board & get ready for the next game.

McCarney made some pretty grandiose proclamations while recruiting a couple of my friends who ended up going to Oregon. “Why not North Texas?” When things started going south here he was very quick to bring up the shortcomings and obstacles of achieving success here.

I don’t have ire towards McCarney overall, but I would prefer not to hear that level of BS coming out of any of our coaches mouths again.

13 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

McCarney made some pretty grandiose proclamations while recruiting a couple of my friends who ended up going to Oregon. “Why not North Texas?” When things started going south here he was very quick to bring up the shortcomings and obstacles of achieving success here.

I don’t have ire towards McCarney overall, but I would prefer not to hear that level of BS coming out of any of our coaches mouths again.

This place literally drove him crazy. He was super optimistic when he first got here. Then by 2014, with recruiting going nowhere, it quickly turned to the exact opposite viewpoint.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

This place literally drove him crazy. He was super optimistic when he first got here. Then by 2014, with recruiting going nowhere because he assumed recruits would be knocking on his door to kiss his ring, it quickly turned to the exact opposite viewpoint.

...that was always my impression.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I am a football first guy.  We need to be a heavy basketball school. Success can be manufactured and sustained if an AD and BOR so decides to put the eggs in that basket. With the ever changing dynamics of football, it's just far more difficult. 

We can't be  both &^% Dammi+!

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

On 3/24/2021 at 7:24 PM, denton_days said:

I recall talking to a guy who played for UT Arlington around that time (I think), and he always said that him and his buddies would drive up to the UNT games because UNT was a true powerhouse. I totally believe that with another year or two of great basketball production, people will start to really notice. I saw art students on twitter who I would never imagine rooting for UNT sports getting really into March Madness. Lots of excited underclassmen too. I'm super amped for the future.

My father-in-law played for SFA back then and he says the same things.  Both the Snake pit and Super pit were considered awesome and daunting places to have to go play and great to watch a game in.  I don’t get all the push to build a new arena.  It’s got to be all about luxury suites but I hate the new basketball venues built around suites first.  They lose the intensity.  The super pit, even half full is still a tremendous game watching experience.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

27 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

My father-in-law played for SFA back then and he says the same things.  Both the Snake pit and Super pit were considered awesome and daunting places to have to go play and great to watch a game in.  I don’t get all the push to build a new arena.  It’s got to be all about luxury suites but I hate the new basketball venues built around suites first.  They lose the intensity.  The super pit, even half full is still a tremendous game watching experience.

I think it’s a pretty big deal that the Super Pit is not owned by the AD. That’s probably a big deal to people in the AD, too.

• Upvote 2