The question now

emmitt01

11 hours ago, greenminer said:

!!!!!!!

Between the Arkansas win in football and this run in basketball, can we finally prove to the UNT Old Nestors that sports can elevate the university's profile to benefit everyone, including the precious music and fine arts programs we have here? It doesn't have to be either/or--it can easily be BOTH...

I think the days of underfunding the program should be officially over--but my Battered Mean Green Syndrome remembers the pain of yesteryear rather strongly still...

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

It has been fun to watch basketball with this group of players.  If they move on the best to them in any dream they chase.  If they come back for an additional year I will be there to cheer them on.   Hope Mac stays for a long time.

I sure Murray will come back........................

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I feel like we see maybe 1 back and that would be lucky.

Hamlet, JJ, Zach, Miah, probably Reese and or Bell probably leave

No matter if they come back, the program is set up for success

I think Zach is the most likely to come back due to his family and his degree plan (Murray is in the same boat). Reese and Bell would both benefit from another season. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I think Zach is the most likely to come back due to his family and his degree plan (Murray is in the same boat). Reese and Bell would both benefit from another season. 

Idk it seemed from what his mom told me, and the overall feeling from Hanks tweet as well as Zach’s, is that he ain’t coming back.

In my personal opinion, it is time to move on and develop Abou into a super star. I absolutely love Zach and all what he has done for NT basketball, but it’s time

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

No matter what the players decide to do, as long as NT can keep Mac; NT will be in great shape. 

I am sure Baker has a plan for every contingency. 

NT's brand (I hate that term) is on the rise.  This is the start of great things, not the end.    

I would argue to say we have a higher upside than Western and La Tech for the future

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Idk it seemed from what his mom told me, and the overall feeling from Hanks tweet as well as Zach’s, is that he ain’t coming back.

In my personal opinion, it is time to move on and develop Abou into a super star. I absolutely love Zach and all what he has done for NT basketball, but it’s time

Abou is the future, but he is still a little raw and has 4 years left. Another season off the bench would only benefit him and give him 3 years to start. I believe Zachs graduation plan has him here longer if he wishes due to the classes. His parents are pro education and it would be beneficial for him to have another year on the court and work his way into the masters program for engineering. 

I don’t know about anyone else’s academics but Bell and Reese are toss ups. With another year Bell in particular could increase his stock for playing overseas. 

Hamlet would be Eric met back with open arms but I hope he tries to go pro (and doesn’t move to another school for a final run. 

• Upvote 5

On 3/22/2021 at 1:02 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

He is the least ready and his degree plan is more difficult. If he leaves he leaves but of anyone that should stay it would be him. Bell as well to an extent.

• Upvote 2

On 3/21/2021 at 9:58 PM, emmitt01 said:

Do any of these seniors stay for another year, and if not who does McCasland restock the cupboard with?  

I was told by their two parents that Zach and J Ham are gone, sadly. I asked about Bell and Reese & I was told that they might stay?

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2021 at 12:39 PM, Andrew said:

I was trying to get Zach's mom to talk about that but... Zach has just so much time left with his KNEEs and he wants to play pro-ball. Probably in Poland they think. 

He has  one of his knees wrapped now. He has problems with his knees and has dreams. Very smart man though as he had considered all his options and but after winning a game in the tournament I'd like to be Grant talking to them after a win at Lucas Oil Stadium! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mo Green said:

I was trying to get Zach's mom to talk about that but... Zach has just so much time left with his KNEEs and he wants to play pro-ball. Probably in Poland they think. 

He has  one of his knees wrapped now. He has problems with his knees and has dreams. Very smart man though as he had considered all his options and but after winning a game in the tournament I'd like to be Grant talking to them after a win at Lucas Oil Stadium! 

I can fully understand those knees and the desire to play at the next level. 

• Upvote 1