SPRING FOOTBALL GAME

ttunt1970

They are definitely underselling it.  Here is the meangreensports link:

https://meangreensports.com/news/2021/3/23/football-wraps-spring-practice-on-saturday.aspx

No mention of it being open to the public.  It might be, but they aren’t doing anything to encourage attendance. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

They are definitely underselling it.  Here is the meangreensports link:

https://meangreensports.com/news/2021/3/23/football-wraps-spring-practice-on-saturday.aspx

No mention of it being open to the public.  It might be, but they aren’t doing anything to encourage attendance. 

From the link you posted:

Saturday's practice will be open to the public. University COVID-19 protocols will be enforced at Saturday's practice. Fans will be asked to practice social distancing withing Apogee Stadium, and masks are required to be worn unless eating or drinking.”

8 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

From the link you posted:

Saturday's practice will be open to the public. University COVID-19 protocols will be enforced at Saturday's practice. Fans will be asked to practice social distancing withing Apogee Stadium, and masks are required to be worn unless eating or drinking.”

Well, I can’t prove anything, but I don’t recall that last paragraph being there when I first read the article.  Either way, I’m glad it’s open.  I plan to be there.  

These receivers are going to be good.  Several good catches by Bryson Jackson, Detraveon Brown and Deonte Simpson.  I was surprised to see Torrey in the slot and he scored once from there.  I also saw a couple of nice catches from Finn Corwin; he also might be a contender at the slot position.  Damon Ward also had a nice catch.  Loronzo Thompson is another good one.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GrayEagle said:

These receivers are going to be good.  Several good catches by Bryson Jackson, Detraveon Brown and Deonte Simpson.  I was surprised to see Torrey in the slot and he scored once from there.  I also saw a couple of nice catches from Finn Corwin; he also might be a contender at the slot position.  Damon Ward also had a nice catch.  Loronzo Thompson is another good one.

I was super surprised to see Torrey at slot

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I feel like Damon Ward is a guy who, if he was on the team in the McCarney era, would be a key receiver for the team. It’s a tough team to break that rotation.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I feel like Damon Ward is a guy who, if he was on the team in the McCarney era, would be a key receiver for the team. It’s a tough team to break that rotation.

Keep in mind that he is recovering from ACL surgery and has been rehabbing.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Keep in mind that he is recovering from ACL surgery and has been rehabbing.

That is a 9-12 month rehab timeline for an injury that occurred in September 2018. Were there ever any reports or anything that he had some extended rehab period? Otherwise it’s hard to believe his rehab period was still occurring all that far into the 2019 season, or anytime after that.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Agree with you on that, Jim.  I liked him standing deep safety and coaching and encouraging his safeties throughout the scrimmage.  He's still got the fire in his belly.

As I posted in another thread, I could hear Bennett's voice over all others on the field.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1