Villanova (3/21/21)

CMJ

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Take out the last 10 minutes of the first half and we had ourself a solid ball game and played right with them. That stretch in the first half was rough. 

And take away the penis, and I have three daughters instead of two daughters and a son.  

Do you use Mad Libs to write these posts?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Of course that last graphic about setting a tournament-record 8 guys with 1 3-pointer would happen against us.  
Friggin stupid.

I honestly hope they win it all, so our guys can say they got bounced by the greatest 3-pt barrage a champion ever had.

... but they’ll come back to earth & shoot 30-40%(or less) from 3 & Baylor  will smoke them like they did to us.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Nova looked like their national title team from three years ago tonight.  That team also had ridiculously crisp passing and seemingly endless guys who can shoot from behind the arc.

I'm not saying they were unbeatable tonight, but it would have taken the Duke 92 squad or the Florida team from 2008 to do so.

Much love for our guys this season.  This was a magic carpet ride.

• Upvote 2

Hate for NT to lose, but I don't think any team would have beat Nova if they shoot that well. 

NT plays a defense that lets an opponent 3 shooter open, just picked the wrong night and team.  

Kudos the team didn't quit and Hamlet maybe the best player ever at NT.  Maybe because Joe Hamilton and Ken Lyons were also exceptional. 

Going to be interested if any of the seniors go for another year.  Wouldn't be great to return this starting five with some depth behind them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, greenminer said:

This is about as good as you can ask for from this class.  Call this Round 1.  Round 2 begins next year.

FWIW, we should all have a strong idea now of Grant's vision for this program.  Schemes. Toughness. etc.  Just would like to feel better about recruiting.

Nova is shooting us out of the gym right now, but I can still feel good about the future.

I hope somehow we can take this opportunity to look at Nova’s roster construction and further emphasize shooting. I’ve said this a lot this year but Mccasland has used a lot of scholarships on guys who couldn’t shoot as recruits, then was unable to play them because of that lack of shooting. Hence a 6/7-man rotation after one injury. 

Feels cheap being critical after this type of run, but he really is a great coach with something special going and if the shooting and depth can improve, this feels like a place we can get back to and be more competitive next time. And if not, hats off because this is something many North Texas fans never got to see in their lifetimes.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2