Villanova (3/21/21)

CMJ

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Not sure if I’ve never actually sat down and watched a whole Villanova game. Man they are so well coached. Their ball movement is sublime. 

Exactly.  You are witnessing a basketball clinic.  It’s unfortunate that it is against our Mean Green.  

We double the entry pass, that’s how our defense works...when the other team can pass out of it, rotate the ball as well as they do, and hIt threes you are not going to beat them.  I don’t care what it says on the front of your jersey

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

Tough watch but could be the last time I get to see a lot of these guys in a UNT jersey and man have they done a lot for us.

This is about as good as you can ask for from this class.  Call this Round 1.  Round 2 begins next year.

FWIW, we should all have a strong idea now of Grant's vision for this program.  Schemes. Toughness. etc.  Just would like to feel better about recruiting.

Nova is shooting us out of the gym right now, but I can still feel good about the future.

• Upvote 1

Wow.

I mean, what can you do?   They’re draining almost every 3 they jack up.  I haven’t seen anything like this before.

They’ve opened up such a huge lead with these 3s, now we’re forced to shorten our possessions due to lack of time.  We can’t play this pace of a game with Nova (or any other Tournament team,really).  It’s not our style.

We’re cooked. 😢

Nova shoots like this for their remaining games & we just got knocked off by the eventual champs.  Of course, I highly doubt they do... this is unbelievable.

Much love y’all.  What a ride!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Wow.

I mean, what can you do?   They’re draining almost every 3 they jack up.  I haven’t seen anything like this before.

They’ve opened up such a huge lead with these 3s, now we’re forced to shorten our possessions due to lack of time.  We can’t play this pace of a game with Nova (or any other Tournament team,really).  It’s not our style.

We’re cooked. 😢

Nova shoots like this for their remaining games & we just got knocked off by the eventual champs.  Of course, I highly doubt they do... this is unbelievable.

Much love y’all.  What a ride!

That last paragraph is the only thing that depresses me about this game.  The point differential at the end will not represent just how much of an anomaly their shooting night was.  If/when they lose to Baylor people will attribute this more to our not being real than they will Nova having a career shooting night.  

• Upvote 1