Villanova (3/21/21)

CMJ

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

NT's lack of depth is showing up big time.

Plus Nova can't miss.

First game this year, when NT's defense is just not there. 

Sometimes you just have to give your opponent credit.   I don't ever think I have seen an NCAA team that hot from 3.    9 of 15 from 3.   That's 27 points.   Ouch.

1 minute ago, Matt from A700 said:

PAGE SEVEN!!

This is our time to shine, men!

We get Jim Nantz to commentate our game, and we're down by 20 at halftime. This program is going to be set back another 20 years!!!!!@!#@$@!!!

Damn. I knew we needed Avery Johnson calling our game.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt from A700 said:

PAGE SEVEN!!

This is our time to shine, men!

We get Jim Nantz to commentate our game, and we're down by 20 at halftime. This program is going to be set back another 20 years!!!!!@!#@$@!!!

I miss Avery Johnson! Honestly I do. These announcers personally know Villanova and it sounds like it.

Someone tell me, which team IN THE COUNTRY would be competitive against a team that is shooting 60% from three?  

And don’t start with the “not closing out” garbage.  We are moving out to shooters...and they’re making the extra pass to the next shooter.  

This is just a team playing smart offense and shooting ridiculously well.  We’re 2/11 from deep.  If we were shooting 60% like they are, this would be a 5 point game.  And our looks have been equally as quality.  

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

Someone tell me, which team IN THE COUNTRY would be competitive against a team that is shooting 60% from three?  

And don’t start with the “not closing out” garbage.  We are moving out to shooters...and they’re making the extra pass to the next shooter.  

This is just a team playing smart offense and shooting ridiculously well.  We’re 2/11 from deep.  If we were shooting 60% like they are, this would be a 5 point game.  And our looks have been equally as quality.  

And it is not just one or 2 guys!!! Tough

15 minutes ago, MeanMag said:

They started sitting 4 or 5 guys on the 3 point line. Spaced us out and are getting dribble drive penetration and kick out to the open man.

They are hitting them and making it look easy.

This Villanova team would have absolutely murdered Purdue...I mean kind of like they are doing to us. But can you imagine Purdue trying to defend all of those 3s? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The unfortunate thing about this is it makes Purdue look like a fluke. Which it wasn’t. We very much needed to be competitive today. 

I don’t think a close loss or blowout loss here would be any different, perception wise. People who don’t care about us won’t change their mind over a close loss or think either is all that much of less of a fluke. Same for on-the-fence fans. The margin of defeat here isn’t changing their minds on whether or not to start showing up to games.

We signed a class full of guys with high-major offers following our last tournament appearance, and we got bounced without winning a game that time. The health of our program and appeal to recruits is as high as it has ever been.

I get what you’re saying, I just don’t think the margin of loss really has all that big a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Maybe Gonzoga.

nobody say Illinois... 

• Upvote 1