Villanova (3/21/21)

CMJ

We've only turned the ball over... twice? Three times max. For the most part, we are rotating to the shooter but they are making everything. The few times we did force a miss late in the half, they got the offensive put-back. And now being down 20, we're not going to win playing our slow pace. Gonna need a lot of things to go our way to get back in this.

Just now, GreenGuy123 said:

Started out strong. They quickly adapted to our defense. We didn't. 

They started sitting 4 or 5 guys on the 3 point line. Spaced us out and are getting dribble drive penetration and kick out to the open man.

They are hitting them and making it look easy.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I’m with the announcer. We are going to need some D and points on the bench.

I guess Murray better step it up and be our answer...

Nova closed the half on like a 34-6 run.  We need points from SOMEONE.  We haven't done much since establishing that initial lead.

My 0.02: Nova is hitting everything, and we are hitting nothing.  About the worst possible half you could ask for.

• Upvote 1

I mean you do have to give it to Villanova, they're driving kicking it out whipping it around until they have a open 3. Unfortunately they're hitting just about everyone they take. On our side they're just clogging the lane and not letting us get inside.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Nova closed the half on like a 34-6 run.  We need points from SOMEONE.  We haven't done much since establishing that initial lead.

My 0.02: Nova is hitting everything, and we are hitting nothing.  About the worst possible half you could ask for.

Worst possible last 12 minutes.   The first 8 minutes or so were great.