Johnny Jones

Are you happy Johnny Jones is in the tourney?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy Jonny Jones is in the tourney?

• Yes - I wish him the best
    • No - I could not care less/I am a terrible human being

Big fan of Johnny Jones.  I almost feel bad throwing him under the bus before all of our big games, but that gig has worked so far.  My favorite thing about Coach Jones was his availability to the fans.  If you ran into him, he always had time to stop and visit and made  you feel like you were the important one in the conversation.  Just a good, down to earth man.  I will be pulling for him this evening.

Sorry, but it is bugging me.  @Coach Andy Mac, his name is spelled Johnny.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Big fan of Johnny Jones.  I almost feel bad throwing him under the bus before all of our big games, but that gig has worked so far.  My favorite thing about Coach Jones was his availability to the fans.  If you ran into him, he always had time to stop and visit and made  you feel like you were the important one in the conversation.  Just a good, down to earth man.  I will be pulling for him and a monster upset this evening.

I haven’t seen the line but it’s two sixteen seeds, would it be a big upset? 

Like most idiots I didn’t appreciate JJ til he was gone. I let the KSU game and WKU title game (although last week’s win helped soothe that) overshadow all he did here. Very much rooting for him tonight. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, meanrob said:

Like most idiots I didn’t appreciate JJ til he was gone. I let the KSU game and WKU title game (although last week’s win helped soothe that) overshadow all he did here. Very much rooting for him tonight. 

What's the line - something like "a tree is best measured when it's down - and so it is with people."

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

This is the largest display of the misuse of the term I’ve seen.  The second choice should read “COULDN’T care less.”

52 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Both issues are fixed. 

I am very relieved that we would not have to face a Johnny Jones Texas Southern team until the national championship game. Here's to hoping both schools make it that far. 

24 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Johnny Jones is a very solid man and a good coach. I wish his LSU experience would've worked about better for him.

What I do know is that his coaching looked like John Wooden compared to the guy who followed...

agreed especially if you were comparing John Wooden's coaching ability to a piece of driftwood

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Johnny Jones is a very solid man and a good coach. I wish his LSU experience would've worked about better for him.

What I do know is that his coaching looked like John Wooden compared to the guy who followed...

Compared to his predecessor as well.  Johnny Jones > Vic Trilli  + Tony Benford.

Also he needs to pack more suits!

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 3

Oh Vic, I’ll give you a little credit, you came and spoke to all ten of us at the old State Club. Even if you called us “Texas” a time or two. 

When we beat up and stole the Gauchos’ lunch money at their place I thought we were on our way....yeah, notsomuch. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

He didn’t just leave for a bigger position. He left for his alma mater. What we feel for North Texas, he feels for LSU. I will never fault him for that and wish him nothing but the best. 

Not only this, but he had multiple large programs approach him over his years at NT and said the LSU job would be the only one he would leave for, and it just so happens that he got that chance. I am very happy for any success Coach Jones has! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1