Purdue (3/19/21)

CMJ

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

CUSA won its first round game each year from 2015-2018. If that’s how it was back then we’re still receiving most of those proceeds.

Also pretty crazy how well CUSA has performed in the NCAA tourney, not to mention the NIT success WKU has had, and is having right now with La Tech. Conference is underachieving in football but the basketball has been impressive.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Agreed. My biggest fear is the big four seniors choose to graduate and then Mac gets a big offer elsewhere and takes Jones, Robison  and Asoume with him (all having 4 years left). Please God never happen. 

Aren’t you the guy who used to defend Benford? 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

CUSA won its first round game each year from 2015-2018. If that’s how it was back then we’re still receiving most of those proceeds.

Also pretty crazy how well CUSA has performed in the NCAA tourney, not to mention the NIT success WKU has had, and is having right now with La Tech. Conference is underachieving in football but the basketball has been impressive.

Are we still bribing it in from MTSU run. We seem be good at getting a win or win in the big dance but then every year the conference gets overlooked for seeding...

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1

Lot of underserved criticism aimed at Simmons in this thread.

Simmons stats are seldom great.  Yet the other team's bigs never seem to dominate.  Bell was the star, but holding the 7'4 Edey to 0 and their best player Williams to 14 pts was the big key to this win.

Does anyone really think that Bell would have that great game without Purdue concentrating on Simmons?

A four year starter that has shot over 60% every year, and probably other than Hamlet; the most valuable player on the team. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Let’s give. Bell some more love y’all! 

Best game ever by Bell.  The early scoring, the D and the blocks.  TBIII was huge tonight.

Also, those of you all over Simmons tonight forget that he played a pretty good game on defense against a premier big man and a 7' freshman.  Sure, he struggled offensively, but I think Mac pulled him out high to draw their bigs away from the basket.  Sometimes contributing is more than scoring.  Those two turnovers were brutal, but Big Zach wasn't terrible.  Plus, his tutoring of Ousame has been huge and paid off tonight.  Such an unselfish team.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

This team has more will to win then any team I have seen, maybe ever. I honestly think they will just do whatever is needed to find a way to win tonight! 

This aged like a fine wine.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Who can even think about that when I'm sitting here worrying that someone forgot to turn off the oven or unplug the iron before they left for Indianapolis. 

The whole damn Athletics Center may be gone by the time the team gets home! 

This and your previous post are HOF worthy.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, TheWestie said:

How important is this game?

Big enough for The Westie to check in live from Cold Beer and Cheeseburgers in Scottsdale. 

Drink Beer. Sink buckets.

GMG

EAB7AA1C-12AD-41A3-BA73-2BB2670BDC7F.jpeg

F0007C16-42EF-4944-AE1E-26DCC5B34499.jpeg

Wore the same shirt all day.  Get that thing washed and ready for Villanova.

Way late to this thread as I’ve been “post gaming” for quite a while. Can’t sleep.  What an incredible night! We beat that team straight up! No flukes, luck, refs, ect. We were the better team. This is a moment our fan base has so desperately needed. An incredible feeling.

Now we’ve got a great opportunity to really make some noise. Believe in the Mean Green!

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, meanrob said:

As I go to bed I just want to say this is the best night ever to be a North Texas fan. I’m a football guy, I love UNT football, but this is better than New Mexico State (both times), better than the New Orleans Bowl, better than beating Tech (barely) and better than all the rest. It just is.  GMG. 

So much national media coverage today. Going to do wonders for this program

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, meanrob said:

Stayed away from the board, too damn nervous to read. 

I admit, didn’t think we’d score enough to win. 

Having said that, I’ve been watching NT games for thirty years. Throw in the CUSA tournament (especially after we were down by seven to WKU) plus tonight and this is the gutsiest UNT team I’ve ever watched. I’m literally a giddy teenage girl right now. 

Same. I knew if I logged on to GMG it would jinx it.  I said beforehand that if Purdue scored 60 they would probably win. Well 61 at the end of regulation and we didn’t lose, thankfully!  Hell of a game and fantastic performance. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, meanrob said:

As I go to bed I just want to say this is the best night ever to be a North Texas fan. I’m a football guy, I love UNT football, but this is better than New Mexico State (both times), better than the New Orleans Bowl, better than beating Tech (barely) and better than all the rest. It just is.  GMG. 

I feel like I’m in some kind of Mean Green Nirvana right now. I’ve dreamed of something like this since I became a UNT fan in 1990. I think about Jesse Ratliff, David Miller, Chris Davis, and so many others that were apart of some really, really bad teams when I lived in Denton. I think about the games at the Pit in front of dozens of people while we played Tarleton, East Texas Baptist, or Panhandle State. So much joy today in my heart for the program...and all it took was a real AD finding a coach and making it happen to get him here and let him blossom into what we are seeing now.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, meanrob said:

^^^